Dick O'Neill Biography (1928-1998)
See index for CTFT sketch: Born August 29, 1928, in Bronx, NY; died ofheart failure, November 17, 1998, in Santa Monica, CA. Actor. Dick O'Neill'sfifty-year acting career included roles in film and television. In later years he played Cagney's father on the popular TV show Cagney and Lacey.He was educated at Syracuse University and started his career on Broadway, including the plays Promises, Promises and The Unsinkable Molly Brown. He also worked in regional theater. Television shows that he appeared in included M*A*S*H, Dharma and Greg, Cheers, and Cybill. In movies, O'Neill had roles in Prizzi's Honor and The Jerk.
- Birth Details
- August 29, 1928
- Bronx, New York, United States
- Death Details
- November 17, 1998
- Santa Monica, California, United States
OBITUARIES AND OTHER SOURCES
- Chicago Tribune, November 25, 1998, p. 11.
- Los Angeles Times, November 25, 1998, p. A20.
- New York Times, November 28, 1998, p. C16.
- Washington Post, November 27, 1998, p. B6.