Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Frances Patricia Beck to Val Bisoglio
Robert Billig Biography (1947-)
Addresses: Home: 170 W. 73rd Street, New York, NY, 10023; Agent: LarryWeiss, The Shukat Company Ltd., 340 W. 55th, New York, NY, 10019.
- musicial director, arranger, conductor
- Birth Details
- February 26, 1947
- New York
First Stage Work
- Musical Director, Annie Get Your Gun, Wayland High School, MA, 1964.
New York Debut
- Assistant Conductor, Dames at Sea, Theatre de Lys, 376 performances, 1969.
- Musicial Supervisor/Arranger, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas,Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, 208 performances, 1981;
Principal Stage Work
- Assistant Conductor, Annie, Alvin Theatre, NY, 1977; Musical Director/Supervisor/Arranger, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Entermedia Theatre, 46th Street Theatre, NY, 1978; Musical Director/Supervisor/VocalArranger, Little Shop of Horrors, WPA Theatre/Orpheum Theatre, NY, 1982;
- Assistant Conductor, George M, Bus & Truck Tour, 1971; Assistant Conductor, Promises, Promises, 2nd National Tour, 1971-72; Assistant Conductor, Applause, National Tour, 1972; Musical Conductor, No,No Nanette, Bus & Truck Tour, 1973-74; Musical Director, Seesaw, National Tour, 1974; Musical Director, The Baker's Wife, pre-Broadway Tour, 1976; Musical Conductor, Neferiti, pre-Broadway Tour, 1977; Musical Director/Supervisor/Arranger, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, 1st National Tour, 1981 and 2nd National Tour, 1982; Musical Director, Barnum, National Tour, 1981; Musical Supervisor/Vocal Arranger, Little Shop of Horrors, Los Angeles, London, 1983.
Principal Television Work
- Conducted for Luci Arnaz, The Tonight Show, 1975, and The MikeDouglas Show, 1974; The Merv Griffin Show, appeared conducting forBest Little Whorehouse in Texas sequence; Good Morning America, accompanied Andrea McArdle, 1977.
- Music Teacher, Director of Concert Choir and Madrigal Singers, John F. Kennedy Memorial High Scool, Iselin, NY, 1969-70.
Other articles you might like: