Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Vic Morrow to Lennie Niehaus
Robert Moulton Biography (1922-)
Addresses: Home: 48 Melbourne Avenue, S.E., Minneapolis, MN, 55414; Office: 110 Rarig Center, 330 21st Avenue S., University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 55455.
Mr. Moulton has served as a teacher of stage movement at the American Conservatory Theatre in San Francisco and has conducted workshops throughout the U.S. and Canada. He was the artistic director of the Stage Coach Opera Company,1962-72, specializing in melodramas and 19th-century operettas.
- choreographer, director, educator
- Birth Details
- July 20, 1922
- Dodge Center, Minnesota
- Vaudeville Dancer, Fargo, ND, 1930.
Principal Stage Work, Choreography
- Royal Winnipeg Ballet Company: Grassland, 1958, Brave Song,1959, Beggar's Ballet, 1963; Canadian Contemporary Dancers: Rondo ad Absurdum, 1967, True Believer, 1968, Bach Is Beautiful, 1970, 7 Rituals, 1972; Calgary Dance Theatre: Nickel Dances, 1971, Bachanelle, 1972; Duluth Civic Ballet: Turned on Bach,1973; Stage Coach Opera Company (adapted, directed, choreographed): Geisha, Belle of New York, Merry Widow, Black Crook, Floradora, Forty-five Minutesfrom Broadway, The Last Days of Pompeii, The Count of Monte Cristo, The ThreeMusketeers, 1962-72.
Principal Stage Work, Directed And Choreographed
El Capitan, Minnesota Opera Company, 1973 and 1975: Die Fledermaus, Duluth Civic Opera, 1974; Pirates of Penzance, Merry Widow, Minnesota Opera Company, 1980.
Patience, Amahl and the Night Visitors, L'enfant prodigue, Down inthe Valley, The Consul.
Camille, Guthrie, Minneapolis, MN, 1980, The Emperor's NewClothes, Rainbow, Winnipeg, Canada, 1979.
- Professor of Theatre Arts, University of Minnesota, 1949-84; artistic director, University of Minnesota Theatre, 1980-84.
- Musical (book), Jesse James, 1976.
Other articles you might like: