Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ueli Steiger to Milt Tarver
Stanley Taikeff Biography (1940-)
Born April 27, 1940, in Brooklyn, NY; son of Irving (an attorney) and Lulu (amilliner; maiden name, Rosenberg) Taikeff; married Lenore Noval (an administrative assistant), August 4, 1968. Addresses: HOME--3A Second Place, Brooklyn, NY 11231.
Stanley Taikeff made the following observation to CTFT: "Shakespeare and I were born two days apart in April, he on the 25th and I on the 27th, so I figured I was destined to become a playwright."
- Birth Details
- April 27, 1940
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
- The Coiled Spring, 13th Street Theatre, New York City, 1968, re- titled,Denouement, Hunter College Playhouse, Centennial Celebration, 1970.
- three one-acts, Solo Recital, Into That Good Night, The Afflictions of Marlene, Little Theatre of the 63rd Street YMCA, New York City, 1970.
- Don Juan of Flatbush, reading, Winter Playwrights Series, Stockbridge, MA, 1974, Missouri Repertory Theatre, Kansas City, MO, 1976, Jewish Community Center of St. Louis, 1977, The Corner Theatre, Baltimore, MD, 1977, staged reading, The American Jewish Theatre, New York City, 1983.
- The Sugar Bowl, O'Neill Playwrights Conference, Waterford, CT, 1976, workshop production, New Dramatists, New York City, 1978.
- In the Modern Style, reading, Joseph Jefferson Theatre Company, Chicago,1976, Cricket Theatre, Minneapolis, MN, 1978, also produced in Canada and Europe.
- Ah, Eurydice!, reading, Joseph Jefferson Theatre Company, 1976, production, Shelter West Company at the VanDam Theatre, New York City, 1977, also produced in Canada and Europe, published by Dramatists Play Service in Best ShortPlays of 1978.
- A Cock to Asclepius, workshop production, New Dramatists, New York City,1979.
- The Last Ferry to Thebes, workshop production, New Dramatists, New York City, 1980.
- Brigitte Berger, staged reading, New Dramatists, 1981, production, No Smoking Playhouse, New York City, 1983.
- The Hermit of Prague, staged reading, New Dramatists, New York City, 1981, published in "Esprit," State University of New York Journal of Humanities,1985.
- Variations on "To Be or Not to Be", staged reading, New Dramatists, New York City, 1981.
- Dolorosa Sanchez, staged reading, New Dramatists, New York City, 1982, published in "Esprit," State University of New York Journal of Humanities, 1984.
- Civilization and its Malcontents, and Shivah, both readings, New Dramatists, 1984.
- Also, Duet for Parents, reading, New Dramatists, New York City.
- Also author of unproduced plays "Andy Grunnt" and "The Creatures of Prometheus."
- In the periodicals Voices of Brooklyn, Manhattan Review, Bitterroot, Writer's Notes & Quotes, Poetry Parade, Hyacinths & Biscuits.
- In the periodicals Abyss, Vol. 1 and 2; One: A Magazine of Fiction.
- Magazines and journals: Dramatists Guild Quarterly, Writers Guild of America West Newsletter.