Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
John Romano to Waldo Salt
Howard Rossen Biography (1951-)
Born May 12, 1951, in New York, NY. Addresses: HOME--59 W. 74th Street, New York, NY 10023. AGENT--Jack Tantleff, The Tantleff Office, 360 W. 20thStreet, Suite 4-F, New York, NY 10011.
- Birth Details
- May 12, 1951
- New York, New York, United States
- PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; ALL AS DIRECTOR,UNLESS INDICATED Summertree, VandamTheatre, New York City, 1981.
- The Golden Land, Norman Thomas Theatre, New York City, then Westbury Music Fair, Westbury, Long Island, NY, both 1984.
- The Constant Wife, Equity Library Theatre, New York City, 1986.
- Moonchildren, Studio Theatre, Netherbow Arts Centre, then Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland, both 1986.
- Hot l Baltimore, Studio Theatre, then Royal Scots Theatre, Edinburgh Festival, 1987.
- Cabaret, Montclair Theatrefest, Montclair, NJ, 1987.
- Leave It to Me, Equity Library Theatre, 1988.
- Also directed Songwriters' Hall of Fame Awards, Plaza Hotel, New York City, 1987; Oh, Johnny, Off-Center Theatre, then Players Theatre, both New YorkCity; (also choreographer) An Open Stage, Equity Library Theatre, then West Bank Cafe, both New York City; (also choreographer) The Texas Dream Bar Jamboree, Riverside Church, New York City; (also choreographer) Side by Side by Sondheim, Golden Eagle Dinner Theatre, Cape May, NJ; (also choreographer) Camelot, Albuquerque Civic Light Opera, Albuquerque, NM, and Little Theatre, Winston-Salem, NC; (also choreographer) Finian's Rainbow, State Theatre of Georgia,Spring Opera House, Columbus, GA; Chapter Two, Dracula, and Two by Two, allCity Center Theatre, Syracuse,NY; Barefoot in the Park, Fordham University, New York City, NY; (also choreographer) Cole, West Virginia State University,Charleston,WV; and Words and Music.
- DIRECTOR, WITH THE SOUTH JERSEY REGIONAL THEATRE, ATLANTIC CITY,NJ The Gin Game and Romantic Comedy, both 1981.
- Talley's Folly, Tintypes, and Deathtrap, all 1982.
- Born Yesterday, A Christmas Carol, and Starting Here/Starting Now, all 1983.
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, The Middle Ages, and Stage Struck, all 1984.
- The Lion in Winter and Beyond Therapy, both 1985.
- The Dining Room, Private Lives, and Isn't It Romantic?, all 1986.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Director, You're the Top, U.S. cities.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; SERIES
- Associate production co-ordinator, One of the Boys, NBC, 1981.
- Talent co-ordinator, Daytime Emmy Awards, CBS and ABC, 1981-85.
- stager, Art of Negotiating, PBS, 1985.
Other articles you might like: