Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
William Dudley to Gilbert Ernotte
Jean Eckart Biography (1921-)
Born Jean Levy, August 18, 1921 in Glencoe, IL; daughter of Herbert and Catharyn (Rubel) Levy; married William J. Eckart (a designer and producer). Addresses: OFFICE--Fourteen St. Luke's Place, New York, NY 10014.
- Birth Details
- August 18, 1921
- Glencoe, Illinois, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; SET AND LIGHTING DESIGNER,WITH HUSBAND
- Glad Tidings, Broadway, 1951.
- To Dorothy, a Son, Broadway, 1951.
- Gertie, Broadway, 1952.
- Maya, Broadway, 1953.
- The Scarecrow, Broadway, 1953.
- The Little Clay Cart, Broadway, 1953.
- Dear Pigeon, Broadway, 1953.
- Oh Men! Oh Women!, Broadway, 1953.
- The Golden Apple, Phoenix Theatre, NY, 1954.
- Wedding Breakfast, Broadway, 1954.
- Portrait of a Lady, Broadway, 1954.
- Damn Yankees, Broadway, 1955.
- Reuben, Reuben, Broadway, 1955.
- Mister Johnson, Broadway, 1956.
- L'il Abner, St. James Theatre, NY, 1956.
- Damn Yankees, London production, 1957.
- Livin' the Life, Broadway, 1957.
- Copper and Brass, NY, 1957.
- The Body Beautiful, NY, 1958.
- Once Upon a Mattress, Phoenix Theatre, then Winter Garden Theatre, NY, 1959.
- Fiorello!, Broadhurst Theatre, NY, 1960.
- Viva Madison Avenue!, Broadway, 1960.
- Once Upon a Mattress, London production, 1960.
- The Happiest Girl in the World, Martin Beck Theatre, NY, 1961.
- Let It Ride!, Eugene O'Neill Theatre, NY, 1961.
- Take Her, She's Mine, NY, 1961.
- Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Mama's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feelin' So Sad, NY, 1962.
- Never Too Late, NY, 1962.
- She Loves Me, Eugene O'Neill Theatre, NY, 1963.
- Never Too Late, London production, 1963.
- Here's Love, Shubert Theatre, NY, 1963.
- Too Much Johnson, Broadway, 1964.
- Anyone Can Whistle, Majestic Theatre, NY, 1964.
- She Loves Me, London production, 1964.
- All About Elsie, New York World's Fair, 1964.
- Fade Out--Fade In, Mark Hellinger Theatre, NY, 1964.
- A Sign of Affection, Broadway, 1965.
- Flora, the Red Menace, Alvin Theatre, NY, 1965.
- The Zulu and the Zayda, Cort Theatre, NY, 1965.
- Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Mama's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feelin' So Sad, London production, 1965.
- Mame, Winter Garden Theatre, NY, 1966.
- Agatha Sue, I Love You, NY, 1966.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, American Shakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT,1967.
- Hallelujah, Baby, NY, 1967.
- The Education of H*Y*M*A*N* K*A*P*L*A*N, Broadway, 1968.
- Maggie Flynn, NY, 1968.
- A Mother's Kisses, NY, 1968.
- The Fig Leaves are Falling, NY, 1969.
- A Way of Life, NY, 1969.
- Mame, London production, 1969.
- Norman, Is That You?, NY, 1970.
- Sensations, Off-Broadway production, NY, 1970.
- Of Mice and Men, NY, 1974.
- Mame (based on original design by Jean and William Eckart), Gershwin Theatre, NY, 1983.
Credits; COSTUME DESIGNER
- Damn Yankees, 1955.
- Mister Johnson, 1956.
- Fiorello!, 1960.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Set and lighting designer, Where's Charley?, 1966.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Costume designer, The Pajama Game, Warner Brothers, 1957.
- set and costume designer, Damn Yankees, Warner Brothers, 1958.
- set and costume designer, The Night They Raided Minsky's, United Artists,1968.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Has worked in television as a designer since 1950.
Other articles you might like: