Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Michael Denison to Carol L. Dudley
Joe Dispenza Biography (1961-)
Born July 18, 1961, in Buffalo, NY; son of Joseph Jerome and Dalia (an X-raytechnician; maiden name, Prats) Dispenza. Addresses: HOME--235 SeamanAvenue, Apartment A, New York, NY 10034.
- Birth Details
- July 18, 1961
- Buffalo, New York, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Melvin P. Thorpe, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Palace Theatre, Manchester, NH, 1984, for thirteen performances.
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--Moose, Family Obligations, Circle Repertory Theatre Actors and Directors Lab, then Ensemble Studio Theatre, for twenty performances.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Big Joe, "Sleeping Beauty" in Festival of Original One-Act Comedies, Manhattan Punch Line, Judith Anderson Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- title role, Fiorello!, Equity Library Theatre, New York City, 1988.
- Also appeared as Cyrus Caldwell, Stampede, Bruno Walter Auditorium, Lincoln Center, New York City; Lazar Wolf, Fiddler on the Roof, and King Charlemagne, Pippin, both Palace Theatre, Manchester, NH; as the Justice, The Miser, Scrooge, A Christmas Carol, and Sir Oliver Surface, The School for Scandal, all Marvel Theatre, New York; President, Dear World, Mr. McLaren, Brigadoon, Sir Joseph Porter, H.M.S. Pinafore, and Nathan Detroit, Guys and Dolls, all Rockefeller Arts Center, New York; Samuel Chase, 1776, Cooperstown, NY; and Scrooge, Merry Christmas, Miami, Miami, FL.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Sancho Panza, Man of La Mancha, U.S. cities.
- Mr. Bumble, Oliver!, U.S. and Canadian cities.
- FILM DEBUT--Sergeant Hoskins, Deadly Obsessions, Universal, 1987.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- The Squeeze (also known as Skip-Tracer), Tri-Star, 1987.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Saturday Night Live, NBC.
- Square One, PBS.
Other articles you might like: