Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Nicholas Selby to Marc Singer
Larry Shue Biography (1946-1985)
Born July 23, 1946, in New Orleans, LA; died in a plane crash in Weyers Cove,VA, September 23, 1985; son of Percy Howard (an educator and service organization administrator) and Marguerite Dolores (a Spanish teacher; maiden name,Wilson) Shue; married Linda Faye Wilson (an actress) September 7, 1968 (divorced, 1977).
CTFT learned that Larry Shue trained with the Waseda Theatre Company in Toga-mura, Japan, in 1980.
- Birth Details
- July 23, 1946
- New Orleans
- Death Details
- September 23, 1985
- Weyers Cove, Virginia, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Zlapoot, Confrontation, New Playwrights' Theatre, Hollywood, CA, 1969.
- actor with the Elden Bruch Repertory Theatre, Oshkosh, WI, 1969.
- Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof and Malvolio, Twelfth Night, both Harlequin Dinner Theatre, Atlanta, GA, 1977.
- Billis, South Pacific, Atlanta Theatre of the Stars, GA, 1977.
- Lakeboat, Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1982.
- Donny, American Buffalo, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, CA, 1983.
- The Foreigner, NY, 1984.
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Delacorte Theatre, NY, 1985.
- Appearing at the Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, 1977-85: Gale, Miss Lulu Bett.
- Farquhar, The Recruiting Officer.
- Chichikov, Dead Souls.
- Vicomte de Trivelin, Have You Anything to Declare?.
- third son, Tomodoachi.
- The Presser, L'Atelier.
- Hermann Schmidt, The Fuhrer Is Still Alive.
- Joe Litko, Lakeboat.
- Gus, High Times.
- Willum Cubbert, The Nerd.
- George Herrick, Fridays.
- Beckersteth, Namesake.
- Senator Philetus Sawyer, Fighting Bob.Also appeared at Theatre X, Milwaukee, 1980.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Pablo Gonzales, A Streetcar Named Desire, Tilden, Buried Child, with theMilwaukee Repertory Company in Japanese cities, 1983.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- A Common Confusion.
- The Hungry Leaves.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- One Life to Live, ABC.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED My Emperor's New Clothes, Illinois Wesleyan University, 1968.
- Siliascoles, Illinois Wesleyan University, 1968.
- Grandma Duck Is Dead, Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, 1979.
- The Nerd, Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, 1981, Royal Exchange Theatre Company, Manchester, England, 1982.
- Wenceslas Square, Milwaukee Repertory Company Studio, 1982, Midwest Playwrights Program, St. Paul, MN, 1983.
- The Foreigner, Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, 1983, NY, 1984-85.
- PLAYS,PUBLISHED Grandma Duck Is Dead, Dramatists Play Service, 1984.
- The Foreigner, Dramatists Play Service, 1984.
November 8, 2004: Shue's play The Foreigner was revived at theLaura Pels Theater in New York by the Roundabout Theater Company. Source:
New York Times, www.nytimes.com, November 8, 2004.
Other articles you might like: