Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Klaus Badelt to Christophe Beck
Gabriel Barre Biography (1957-)
Full name, James Gabriel Barre; born August 26, 1957, in Brattleboro, VT; sonof James Lyman (a state medicaid administrator) and Susan (a bank systems analyst; maiden name, Hebb) Barre. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Louis Ambrosio,Ambrosio/Mortimer, 165 W. 46th Street, Suite 1109, New York, NY 10036.
- Birth Details
- August 26, 1957
- Brattleboro, Vermont, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--One of the kids, Mr. Flanagan's Ocean, tour of Northern Vermont cities, 1967.
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--Narrator, Cheers, 13th Street Theatre, 1977, for twenty performances.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Klezmer leader and as part of the ensemble, Rags, Mark Hellinger Theatre,New York City, 1986. Appeared Off-Broadway in: Jabberwock, Truck and Warehouse Theatre.
- Gimpel the Fool, 92nd Street YMHA.
- T.N.T., Players Theatre.
- The Plagues, La Mama E.T.C. (Experimental Theatre Club).
- Priest, The Baker's Wife, York Theatre. With the Mirror Repertory Theatreappeared as George, The Circle, Troshin, Children of the Sun, and Harry, TheTime of Your Life. Regional: Bodo, Goodspeed Opera House, East Haddam, CT.
- Wazir, Kismet, An Evening Dinner Theatre.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Richard Morse Mime Theatre, Middle Eastern and European cities, 1978.
- Ringmaster, Barnum, U.S. cities, 1981.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Composer and lyricist of original music for Home Free, Haven Theatre, NewYork City, 1986.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Kate and Allie, CBS.
- Fame, NBC.
- Bloodhound Gang, PBS.
- All My Children, ABC.
- Another World, NBC.
- FILM DEBUT--Mime, Can't Stop the Music, ITC, 1980.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Stardust Memories, United Artists, 1980.
- Luggage of the Gods, General Pictures, 1983.
- Also in Mangia.
Other articles you might like: