Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joan Greenwood to James Handy
Mike Gwilym Biography (1949-)
Born March 5, 1949, in Neath, Wales; son of Arthur Aubrey Remmington and Renee Mathilde (Dupont) Gwilym. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Plant and Froggatt,Four Windmill Street, London W1, England.
- Birth Details
- March 5, 1949
- Neath, Wales
- STAGE DEBUT--Prince Hal, Henry IV, Part I, Playhouse Theatre, Sheffield,U.K., 1969.
- LONDON DEBUT--Vlass, Summerfolk, Royal Shakespeare Company, Aldwych Theatre, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Robespierre, Danton's Death, Estragon, Waiting for Godot, Maurice, AC/DC,and title role, Tartuffe, all Citizens' Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland, 1970-73.
- title role, Tamburlaine, and Malvolio, Twelfth Night, both Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland, 1972.
- Angelo, Measure for Measure, Arnaud Theatre, Guildford, U.K., 1973.
- title role, Macbeth, Bristol Old Vic Theatre, Bristol, U.K., 1976.
- John Baildon, Then and Now, Hampstead Theatre Club, London, 1979.
- Will, Progress, Lyric Hammersmith Theatre, London, 1986.
- Also appeared as Ferdinand, The Duchess of Malfi, Royal Exchange Theatre,Manchester, U.K., then Round House Theatre, London.
- With the Royal Shakespeare Company: Peter of Pomfret and Death, the Presenter, King John, Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, Stratford-on- Avon, U.K., 1974; Edgar, Lear, Other Place Theatre, Stratford-on- Avon, then Place Theatre, London, both 1974; Raspe, The Marquis of Keith, Aldwych Theatre, London, 1974;Costard, Love's Labour's Lost, and George Leete, The Marrying of Anne Leete,both Aldwych Theatre, 1975; Mykhail Zykov, The Zykovs, Aldwych Theatre, 1976; Troilus, Troilus and Cressida, and Antipholus of Ephesus, A Comedy of Errors, both Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, 1976, then Aldwych Theatre, 1977; Surly, The Alchemist, Other Place Theatre, 1977; Johann Tonnesen, Pillars of the Community, and Francois, The Days of the Commune, both Aldwych Theatre, 1977;Wang, The Bundle, Warehouse Theatre, London, 1977; Achilles and Orestes, TheGreeks, Aldwych Theatre, 1980; Bertram, All's Well That Ends Well, Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, 1984; Oberon and Theseus, A Midsummer Night's Dream, andBenjamin, Twin Rivals, both Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, 1984, then BarbicanTheatre, London, 1985; Pistol, Henry IV, Part II, Barbican Theatre, 1986.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Alfie, Hopscotch, AVCO-Embassy, 1980.
- John Middleton Murray, Priest of Love, Filmways, 1981.
- Detective Constable Dan Spencer, Venom, Paramount, 1982.
- Also Benjamin, On the Black Hill, 1987.
- PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MINI-SERIES Pallas, A.D., NBC, 1985.
- Salim, Harem, ABC, 1986.
- Shafirov, Peter the Great, NBC, 1987.
- Berowne, Love's Labour's Lost, BBC, 1985.
- Dick Dudgeon, The Devil's Disciple, BBC, 1986.
- Also Anfidius, Coriolanus, and title role, Pericles, both BBC; Also appeared in How Green Was My Valley and The Racing Game.
Other articles you might like: