Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jules Tasca to Sam Trammell
Ronald Tavel Biography (1941-)
Surname is pronounced Tah-VEL; born May 17, 1941, in Brooklyn, NY; son of George and Florence (Sterns) Tavel. Addresses: HOME--438 West Broadway, New York, NY 10012. AGENT--c/o Helen Merrill, 337 W. 22nd Street, New York, NY10011.
- Birth Details
- May 17, 1941
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Fifty Fantasticks, 1964.
- Bitch, 1965.
- Jail, 1967.
- Suicide Notions: Fire Escape, 1972.
- In Search of the Cobra Jewels, 1972.
- (Lyricist) No More Masterpieces, Mention Records, 1971.
- Christina's World, 1958, published in Chicago Review, 1963.
- Tarzan of the Flicks, Goddard College, Plainfield, VT, 1965.
- Screen Test, 1965.
- The Life of Juanita Castro, Shower, both St. Mark's Playhouse, New York City, 1965, published in Tri-Quarterly, 1966, then The Young American Writers,Funk, 1967.
- Vinyl, Caffe Cino, New York City, 1967, published in Clyde, 1966.
- The Life of Lady Godiva, Play-House of the Ridiculous, New York City, 1966, published in The New Underground Theatre, Bantam, 1968.
- Indira Gandhi's Daring Device, Screen Test, both Play-House of the Ridiculous, 1966.
- Kitchenette, Play-House of the Ridiculous, 1967, published in Partisan Review, 1967.
- Gorilla Queen, Judson Poets Theatre, then Martinique Theatre, both New York City, 1967, published in The Best of Off-Broadway Theatre, Dutton, 1969, then in The Off-Off-Broadway Book, Bobbs-Merrill, 1972.
- Canticle of the Nightingale, produced in Stockholm, Sweden, 1968, then Manhattan Theatre Club, New York City, 1973.
- Cleobis and Bito, Extension Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- Arenas of Lutetia, Judson Poets Theatre, 1968, published in Experiments in Prose, Swallow Press, 1969.
- Boy on the Straight-Back Chair, American Place Theatre, New York City, 1969.
- Vinyl Visits an FM Station, Playwrights Unit, New York City, 1970, published in Drama Review, 1970.
- Bigfoot, Theatre Genesis, New York City, 1972.
- Secrets of the Citizens Correction Committee, St. Clements Church Theatre, New York City, 1973, published in Scripts, 1972.
- How Jacqueline Kennedy Became Queen of Greece, Theatre Genesis, 1973.
- The Last Days of British Honduras, New York Shakespeare Festival, PublicTheatre, New York City, 1974.
- Playbirth, The Clown's Tail, both 1976.
- Gazelle Boy, The Ovens of Anita Orangejuice, both 1977.
- The Ark of God, The Nutcracker in the Land of Nuts, both 1979.
- Success and Succession, Theatre for the New City, New York City, 1983.
- SCREENPLAYS; ALL PRODUCED BY ANDY WARHOL FILMS, INC.
- Harlot, 1964, published in Film Culture, 1966.
- The Life of Juanita Castro, 1965.
- Philip's Screen Test (unreleased), 1965.
- Kitchen, 1965.
- Horse, 1965.
- Space, 1965.
- Suicide, 1965.
- Withering Sights, 1966.
- The Chelsea Girls, 1966.
- Hedy, or the Fourteen Year Old Girl, 1966.
- Vinyl, 1967.
- Words for Bryan to Sing and Dance, 1971.
- The Banana Diary (book-length essay), published in Film Culture, 1966.
- The New American Cinema, Dutton, 1967.
- Also contributed poetry and criticism to Inter/View, The Lyric, Poets atLe Metro, Writing at Wyoming, Chicago Review, Wormwood, Tri-Quarterly, Aspen,Film Culture, Graffiti, and Filmwise.
- Streets of Stairs, selections published in Chicago Review, 1964, completebook published in 1968.
Other articles you might like: