Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James Newton Howard to Kevin Jarre
Sally Ann Howes Biography ((?)-)
Born July 20, in London, England; daughter of Robert (an actor) and Patricia(a singer; maiden name, Malone Clark) Howes; married Maxwell Coker (divorced); married Richard Adler (a composer), January 3, 1958 (divorced, 1966); married Andrew Maree; children: two sons. Addresses: AGENTS--(Los Angeles)International Creative Management, 8899 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048; (London) c/o Fraser and Dunlop Ltd., 91 Regent Street, London W1R 8RU, England.
- Birth Details
- July 20,
- London, England
- STAGE DEBUT--Caprice, Alhambra Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland, U.K., 1951.
- LONDON DEBUT--Fancy Free, Prince of Wales' Theatre, 1951.
- BROADWAY DEBUT-- Eliza, My Fair Lady, Mark Hellinger Theatre, 1957.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Jan, Bet Your Life, Hippodrome Theatre, London, 1952.
- Jennifer Rumson, Paint Your Wagon, Her Majesty's Theatre, London, 1953.
- Margaret, Romance in Candlelight, Piccadilly Theatre, London, 1955.
- Karolka, Summer Song, Princes Theatre, London, 1956.
- Celia Pope, A Hatful of Rain, Pigalle Theatre, Liverpool, U.K., then Princes Theatre, both 1957.
- Eve, Kwamina, 54th Street Theatre, New York City, 1961.
- Fiona MacLaren, Brigadoon, City Center Theatre, New York City, 1962.
- Kit Sargent, What Makes Sammy Run?, 54th Street Theatre, 1964.
- Maria, The Sound of Music, Chandler Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA, 1972.
- Suzy Martin, Lover, St. Martin's Theatre, London, 1973.
- Anna, The King and I, Adelphi Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, 1974.
- Ann Whitefield, Man and Superman, Arnaud Theatre, Guildford, U.K., 1975.
- Elizabeth Barrett, Robert and Elizabeth, Arnaud Theatre, 1976.
- Jenny Lind, Hans Anderson, Palladium Theatre, London, 1977.
- Also appeared in the Royal Variety Performance, London, 1951; and as Robin Hood, Babes in the Wood (pantomime), Golder's Green Hippodrome, U.K., 1954.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Various variety shows, U.K. cities, 1951.
- FILM DEBUT--Thursday's Child, 1943.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Half-Way House, 1945.
- Dead of Night, 1946.
- Nicholas Nickleby, 1947.
- Anna Karenina, My Sister and I, both 1948.
- Fools Rush In, The History of Mr. Polly, Stop Press Girl, all 1949.
- Pink String and Sealing Wax, 1950.
- Honeymoon Deferred, 1951.
- The Admirable Crichton (also known as Paradise Lagoon), 1957.
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, 1968.
- Death Ship, 1980.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Beth, Mission: Impossible, CBS, 1969.
- Also Marcus Welby, M.D., ABC; The Man from Shiloh, ABC.
- Prudence MacKenzie, Prudence and the Chief, ABC, 1970.
- Laura Frankland, The Hound of the Baskervilles, ABC, 1972.
- Sybil Townsend, Female Artillery, ABC, 1973.
- Della, The Gift of the Magi, CBS, 1958.
- title role, Jane Eyre, CBS, 1961.
- Fiona MacLaren, Brigadoon, ABC, 1966.
Other articles you might like: