Susan Strasberg Biography (1938-)
Addresses: Office: c/o G. Hart, 1244-11th Street, Santa Monica, CA, 90401; Agent: Traubner and Flynn, 1849 Sawtelle Blvd., #500, Los Angeles, CA, 90025.
- Maya, Maya, Theatre de Lys, NY, 1952.
- Broadway Debut
- Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank, Cort, 1955.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Amanda, Time Remembered, Morosco, NY, 1957; Minnie Parnell, Shadow of a Gunman, Bijou, NY, 1958; The Time of Your Life, with theNew York City Center at the Brussels World's Fair, 1958; Marguerite Gautier, The Lady of the Camellias, Winter Garden, NY, 1963.
- Major Tours
- Caesar and Cleopatra, 1959; A Woman's Rites (one-womanshow), Ohio and Florida, 1982-83.
- Film Debut
- Cobweb, 1955.
- Principal Film Appearances
- Millie, Picnic, 1955; Stage Struck, 1958; Kapo, 1960; Scream of Fear, 1961; Adventures of a Young Man, 1962; TheDisorder, 1964; The Stronger, The High Bright Sun, 1964; The Trip, 1967; The Other Side of the Wind; Psyche Out, 1968; Chubasco, 1968; The Name of the Game Is Kill, 1968; Rollercoaster, 1977; The Manitou, 1978; In Praise of Older Women, 1979; Sweet Sixteen, 1984; The Returning.
- Television Debut
- Goodyear Playhouse, Catch a Falling Star, 1953.
- Principal Television Appearances
- Romeo and Juliet, 1954; "Dear Brutus," Omnibus, 1956; The Cherry Orchard, 1959; "Four Kings," Chrysler Theatre, 1963; "TheExperiment," CBS Playhouse, 1969; The Virginian, 1966; TheF.B.I., 1967-68; Name of the Game, 1968; Marcus Welby, M.D., 1969 Men from Shiloh, 1970; Alias Smith and Jones, 1971; McCloud, 1971; Toma; Night Gallery, 1971; The Immigrants; Beggarman Thief; Mazes & Monsters; The World of Books; Terror in the Sky; Medical Center; Owen Marshall; The Mind's Eye.
- Theatre-Related Career
- Lecturer: "Method or Madness: My, 30 years in Acting"; "Love and Light: How to Survive in Today's World"; "Psychic Healing, Which Includes Self-Healing."
- Favorite Roles
- Millie in Picnic, Kapo, and Anne Frank.