Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Amy Saltz to David Selby
Terry Schreiber Biography (1937-)
Born March 7, 1937, in Winona, MN; son of Walter Milton (a barber) and VanonaAnne Emma (Bielefeldt) Schreiber; married M. Archer Brown, May 5, 1963 (divorced, 1976); married Sara Louise (Sally) Dunn (an actress), July 11, 1981. Addresses: HOME--120 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10024.; OFFICE--83 E.Fourth Street, New York, NY 10003.; AGENT--c/o Milton Goldman, InternationalCreative Management, 40 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- March 7, 1937
- Winona, Minnesota, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Does Anybody Here Do the Peabody?, Wonderhorse Theatre, New York City, 1976.
- The Trip Back Down, Longacre Theatre, New York City, 1977.
- Feedlot, Circle Repertory Theatre, New York City, 1977.
- Glorious Morning, Circle Repertory Theatre, 1978.
- Devour the Snow, John Golden Theatre, New York City, 1979.
- K-2, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, New York City, 1983.
- Desire Under the Elms, Roundabout Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- Also, Where Do We Go from Here?, Mama Gail's Theatre, New York City; TheMiracle Worker and K-2, both with the Shochiku Company, Tokyo, Japan; Bent and A Streetcar Named Desire, both with the Show Company, Tokyo, Japan.
- In regional repertory theatres: A Thousand Clowns, Dark at the Top of theStairs, The Music Man, Luv, Oliver, and Night Must Fall, all at the BradfordRepertory Theatre; A Very Private Life, Buffalo Arena Stage; Serenading Louie, George Street Playhouse, New Brunswick, NJ; Medal of Honor Rag, Slow Danceon the Killing Ground, Ashes, and Vanities, all at the Pittsburgh Public Theatre; A View from the Bridge, Hartman Theatre, Stamford, CT; Who's Afraid ofVirginia Woolf?, Syracuse Stage and at the Stony Brook Theatre Festival, NY;A Doll's House, Betrayal, K-2, and Passion, all at Syracuse Stage; Foxfire, Guthrie Theatre (Outreach Tour), 1984-85.
- At the Terry Schreiber Studio, Off-Off-Broadway, New York City, producedapproximately thirty-six plays, including the following, which he also directed: Suddenly Last Summer, Miss Julie, A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, Hamlet,Of Mice and Men, 49 West 87th Street, Cabin Twelve, The Crucible, The Birthday Party, The Diary of Anne Frank, Alfie, The Lark, You Know I Can't Hear YouWhen the Water's Running, A Midsummer Night's Dream, My Three Angels, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Summer and Smoke, and Six Characters in Search of anAuthor.
Other articles you might like: