Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Robert Lantos to Steven Levitan
Eddie Lawrence Biography (1921-)
Addresses: Home: 435 E. 57th Street, New York, NY, 10022.
SIDELIGHTS: "Eddie Lawrence has enjoyed a colorful and adventurous career; after returning from directing and writing a series of shows for the American Expeditionary Stations in World War II, he teamed up with Marley to form the Lawrence and Marley comedy radio show. He has also written comedy material for Bert Lahr, Jack E. Leonard, and Sid Caesar. Lawrence did a nightly newscast during the Second World War from a hut near Caserta, Italy. In1945, it was the only English news that came in loud and clear in Yalta. Onenight, Mr. Churchill lit up his after-dinner cigar and beckoned to Mr. Roosevelt, mumbling 'Well, let's see what Sergeant Lawrence has to say to us tonight.' There were witnesses."
- actor, director, writer, lyricist
- Birth Details
- March 2, 1921
- New York, New York
- Crookfinger Jake, Threepenny Opera, Theatre de Lys, NY, 1955.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Sandor, Bells Are Ringing, Shubert, NY, 1956-59; Banjo, Sherry, Alvin, NY; Baldwin, Oh Kay!, Royal Alexandria, Toronto, Canada, Opera House, Washington, DC; One Man Show, Paris, France.
- Sandor, Bells Are Ringing, national tour.
- Wisecracking GI, Act of Love, 1953.
Principal Film Appearances
- Scratch Wallace, The Night They Raided Minsky's; The Wild Party; Blade; Who Killed Mary Whatsername; Abner the Baseball; Somebody Killed My Husband; 25 other "shorts" for Paramount.
- Comedian, Kay Kyser Kollege of Musical Knowledge.
Principal Television Appearances
Johnny Carson Show (over 40 appearances); Mike Douglas Show(25 appearances); Steve Allen Show; Jack Paar Show; Merv, Griffin Show; David Frost Show; Victor Borge Specials; Chevrolet Show; Garry Moore Show; Soupy Sales Show; The Today Show; The Eddie Lawrence Show (daily); RobertMontgomery Presents; Mr. Peepers.
The Beautiful Moriposa, NY, 1952, 1971, 1981; Sort of an Adventure, NY, 1952, 1971, 1981; Louie and the Elephant, NY, 1971, 1981;Kelly (book and lyrics), 1965;
- Jonas; The Expressionist (musical).
Actors Auditions, 1955; 67 Original Auditions for Actors, 1983.
25 Years of Comedy; 7 albums and 40 singles featuring his original"The Old Philosopher."
Other articles you might like: