Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Les Marsden Biography (1957-)
Born Les Marderosian, February 26, 1957, in Fresno, CA; son of Kay (a salesman) and Helen (Boornazian) Marderosian; married Diane Thorson (a conservationist), January 20, 1985. Addresses: HOME--Seven Pomander Walk, New York,NY 10025. OFFICE--14607 Erwin Street, Suite 306, Van Nuys, CA 91411. AGENT--David Sacks-Mark Levin Associates, 208 S. Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212; c/o Don Schwartz, Don Schwartz Associates, 8721 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90069.
Les Marsden told CTFT: "I entered this profession strictly for the money. I can't understand, therefore, what has kept me in this profession."
- Birth Details
- February 26, 1957
- Fresno, California, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Ivar Helmer, A Doll's House, Fresno Community Theatre, Fresno, CA 1971, for thirty performances.
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--Chico and Harpo, Groucho, Theatre de Lys, 1986.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- At California State University, Fresno: The Homecoming, The Merchant of Venice, The Little Foxes, The Cherry Orchard, What the Butler Saw, The Visit,Tiny Alice, Zorba, and Macbeth.
- Ensemble, South Pacific and Diamond Louis, The Front Page, both with Pacific Coast Performing Arts, CA.
- Miklos Kipnos, Guys Like Me and Bogie, Edinburgh Festival, Scotland.
- Groucho, Minnie's Boys, Bank Playhouse.
- Harpo, A Night at Harpo's, Bank Playhouse and CAST Theatre, Los Angeles.
- Arthur Lee, See My Lawyer, Little Oscar Theatre, Los Angeles.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Chico and Harpo, Groucho, U.S. cities, 1986.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; MUSICAL DIRECTOR
- Telethon Fool, Annie Get Your Gun, Guys and Dolls.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Harpo Marx, Matt Houston, CBS, 1984.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- New Bob Newhart Show, CBS, 1985.
- T.V. Bloopers and Practical Jokes, NBC, 1985.
- Good Morning America, ABC, 1985.
- FILM DEBUT--Allen Ginsberg, Kerouac Looking Back, Independent, 1979.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- E. Nick: A Legend in His Own Mind, Independent, 1984.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED Creator (one-man show), A Night at Harpo's, Bank PlayhouseandCAST Theatre, Los Angeles.
- Composer of original scores for: Telethon Fool, The Country Wife, Tom Jones, The Cherry Orchard.