Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joan Greenwood to James Handy
Wilson John Haire Biography (1932-)
Born April 6, 1932, in Belfast, Northern Ireland; son of Wilson (a carpenter)and Annie (Boyce) Haire; married Rita Lenson, 1955 (divorced); married Sheila Baron, 1974 (divorced); married Karen Elizabeth Mendelsohn (divorced); married Gloria Condino DeLuna (a cook), January 6, 1988; children: Lilah, Sean, Morris, Liam, Patrick. Addresses: HOME--61 Lulot Gardens, Highgate, London N19 5TS, England.
Wilson John Haire told CTFT that he is currently working on three one-act plays and a "hefty novel." After completing these, he will begin work on "a longepic poem--something I have been thinking about for ten years."
- Birth Details
- April 6, 1932
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- STAGE DEBUT--Bloomsday, Unity Theatre, London, 1962.
- The Clockin Hen, Hampstead Theatre Club, London, 1968.
- The Diamond Bone and Hammer and Along the Shoughs of Ulster, both Hampstead Theatre Club, 1969.
- Within Two Shadows, Royal Court Theatre, London, 1972, then Cork Opera House, Cork, Ireland, 1973, published by Scripts, 1972, then Davis-Poynter, 1973.
- Bloom of the Diamond Stone, Abbey Theatre, Dublin, Ireland, 1973, published by Pluto Plays, 1979.
- Echoes from a Concrete Canyon, Royal Court Theatre, 1975.
- "Newsflash," "Wedding Breakfast," and "Roost," all as Lost Worlds, National Theatre, London, 1978, published by Heinemann, 1979.
- Also The Latchicoes of Fort Camden.
- Letter from a Soldier, BBC, 1975.
- The Dandelion Clock, BBC, 1975.
- Also The Pact, 1976.
- The Tick-Man, The Screening, and The Beg, all published by the Irish Democrat, London, 1962-63.
Other articles you might like: