Conrad J. Bishop Biography (1941-)
Mr. Bishop co-founded two professional TCG-affiliate theatres, The Independent Eye and Theatre X.
- playwright, director, actor
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Since 1969, a full-time ensemble performer for The Independent Eye and Theatre X with over two thousand performances in thirty-three states and abroad.
- Directed: Plays
- Seventy productions for The Independent Eye, Theatre X, Penninsula DramaGuild, University of Delaware, University of Wisconsin/Milwaukee, Universityof South Carolina, Yellow Springs Fellowship of the Arts. KPIX-TV, WHA-TV, WUHY-FM, others; U.S. premiere of D. H. Lawrence's David; first U.S.production with complete score of Brecht/Eisler, The Measures Taken; Medea/Sacrament, CSC Repertory, New York, 1983; Macbeth, Performing Garage, New York.
- Theatre-Related Career
- Associate professor of English/associate director of Theatre, Universityof South Carolina, 1966-68; associate professor of Theatre Arts, University of Wisconsin/Milwaukee, 1968-71.
- Plays, Unpublished
- (all written in collaboration with Elizabeth Fuller) The Silk Block, 1965; The Bitch of Kynossema, 1968; (for Theatre X, 1969-74) Meet, Monday Morning, Comedying, Mister Punch, The Wizard of Spring, Alice in Wonder, Alice WakeUp, My Wife Dies at Stonehenge, The Whiteskin Game, The People vs. The People, Giveaway, X Communication, 1969-74; Halfway to Somewhere, 1973; Songs of Passersby, 1973; Knock Knock, 1975; I Wanna Go Home, 1977; Who's There, 1979; (for the Independent Eye, 1974-83) Le Cabaret de Camille, Marvels, Families, Lifesaver, Black Dog, Dreambelly, Dessie, The Money Show, Goners, Song Stories, Sunshine Blues, Action News, 1974-83; Wanna, 1980; Families, 1980; FullHook-up, 1982; Medea/Sacrament, 1983. Dramatic sketches and articles published in Theatrework, Arts in Society, Theatre News, Other Stages, The Hyde Parkers, Theatre in Pennsylvania, and Dramatics Magazine.