Charles Vance Biography (1929-)
Born Charles Goldblatt, December 6, 1929, in Belfast, Northern Ireland; son of Eric (a leather merchant) and Sarah (Freeman) Goldblatt; married Imogen Anne Moynihan (an actress), April 23, 1966; children: Jacqueline. Addresses: OFFICE--Charles Vance, Ltd., 83 George Street, Marylebone, London W1H 5PL, England; Beck Theatre, Grange Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB3 2UE, England.
CTFT learned that Charles Vance sailed the Atlantic Ocean single- handedly in1956.
- Birth Details
- December 6, 1929
- Belfast, Ireland
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Sir Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons, Greenwood Theatre, 1975.
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Director, The Glass Menagerie, Arts Theatre, Cambridge,U.K., 1960.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Producer and director of numerous theatrical presentations, including: director, Wuthering Heights, 1972; director, The Glass Menagerie, The Merchantof Venice, both Gardner Centre Theatre, Brighton, U.K., 1973; director, The Jolson Revue, 1974; director, Oh! What a Lovely War, Greenwood Theatre, 1975;producer, Stop the World, I Want to Get Off, 1976; producer (with David Conville), Salad Days, 1977; director, The Jolson Revue, Australia, 1978; producerand director, The Adventures of Paddington Bear, 1978; director, The Kingfisher, 1981; director, The Hollow, 1982; director, The Maing Game, 1983; producer, Mr. Cinders, Blackpool, U.K., 1984; producer (with Bill Kenwright), Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Scarborough, U.K., 1985; producer and director, Jane Eyre, 1985; producer, For Love Nor Money, Floral Hall Theatre, Scarborough, U.K., 1986. Also producer and director of pantomimes performed throughout the U.K.
- Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Producer and director, In Praise of Love, U.K. cities, 1977.
- producer, Witness for the Prosecution, U.K. cities, 1979.
- director, The Creeper, U.K. cities, 1979.
- producer and director, The Marriage Go-Round, U.K. cities, 1979.
- producer and director, Policy for Murder, U.K. cities, 1984.
- producer, Mr. Cinders, U.K. cities, 1985.
- director, Alice in Wonderland, U.K. cities, 1986.
- director, Wuthering Heights, U.K. cities, 1988.
- (Adpator) Wuthering Heights, 1972, revised 1988.
- The Jolson Revue, 1974.
- (adaptor) Jane Eyre, 1985.
- Has also written numerous pantomimes which he has produced and directed in performances throughout the U.K.