Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Daniel J. Travanti to Dick Vitale
Clare Venables Biography (1943-)
Born March 17, 1943, in England; daughter of Peter Frederick Ronald (an educator and university administrator) and Ethel (a psychologist and writer; maiden name, Howell) Venables; children: Joe Edward Venables Whelan. Addresses: OFFICE--c/o Crucible Theatre, 55 Norfolk Street, Sheffield S1 1DA, England. AGENT--Harriet Cruickshank, Cruickshank, Cazenove, Ltd., 99 Old South Lambeth Road, London SW8 1XU, England.
- Birth Details
- March 17, 1943
- STAGE DEBUT--Phoenix Theatre, Leichester, U.K., 1967.
- FIRST LONDON STAGE WORK--Director, Stratford East Theatre, 1977.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Director, Lennon, London, 1985, then in Sydney, Australia, India, and Canada.
- Contributor of articles to Theatre Quarterly, 1980.
- Plays and Players, 1987; and Changes, 1988.
Other articles you might like: