Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brock Peters to Jonathan Prince
Peter Phillips Biography (1949-)
Born December 7, 1949; son of Almarin (an economics professor) and Dorothy (anurse) Phillips; married Elaine M. Bromka (an actress); children: Peter Bromka. Addresses: AGENT--Actors Group, 157 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.
Phillips informed CTFT that, in addition to his other accomplishments, he also directed for EST, York Theatre, NY, American Stage Festival, Dartmouth College, Theatre-by-the-Sea, at the University of Michigan and also for New Dramatists. He is currently studying for his law degree at New York University.
- THEATRE DEBUT--Bernard, Death of a Salesman, American Stage Festival, Milford, NH, 1975.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Understudy Henry V, Henry V, New York Shakespeare Festival, Delacorte, 1976.
- LONDON DEBUT--Shannon, The Night of the Iguana, VanBrough, Royal Academyof Dramatic Art, 1975.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Guildenstern, Hamlet, Philadelphia Drama Guild.
- Achilles, Troilus and Cressida, Yale Repertory, New Haven, CT.
- Arthur, Teeth 'n Smiles, Folger Theatre Group, Washington, DC.
- Horseman and understudy Nugget, Equus, Helen Hayes, NY, 1976.
- Simon Chachava, The Caucasion Chalk Circle, Arena Stage, Washington, DC,1979.
- John, Eccentricities of a Nightingale, Playwrights Horizons, NY.
- understudy Ben, Outrage, Kennedy Center, Washington, DC.
- Yoshka, Catsplay, Manhattan Theatre Club, Promenade, NY.
- Chris, Warriors, American Place, NY.
- Warsaw Opera, Actors Studio, NY.
- Five Unrelated Pieces, Ensemble Studio, NY.
- ensemble and understudy Trofimov, The Cherry Orchard, Vivian Beaumont, NY.
- Lenox, Macbeth, Circle in the Square, NY, 1981.
- member of the 1979-80 resident company, BAM Theatre Company, Brooklyn Academy of Music, NY.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Nugget, Equus, bus and truck, 1976.
- Eilert Lovburg, Hedda Gabler, New Globe, 1979.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Extra, All My Children, ABC, 1978.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Roy Hill, All My Children, ABC, 1979.
- BBC reporter/translator, Playing for Time, CBS, 1982.
- Philip Peters, All My Children, ABC, 1983-present.
- Reviews for Wagner News, NY, and Wagner (London).
Other articles you might like: