Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Klaus Badelt to Christophe Beck
Alec Baron Biography ((?)-)
Born November 29; son of Hyman and Betsy Baron; married Judith Edelston, 1951; children: Michael, Helen, Olivia, Rebecca. Addresses: HOME--19 ParkView Crescent, Leeds LS8 2ES, England.
- STAGE DEBUT--Director, They Came to Leeds, Civic Theatre, Leeds, U.K., 1951.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Asylum, Kafka: The Long Road Back, both Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., 1977.
- Groucho at Large, Edinburgh Festival, 1979.
- Momma Golda, Leeds Playhouse, Leeds, U.K., 1980.
- Groucho at Large (revised version), Citadel Theatre, Edmonton, SK, Canada, then New End Theatre, London, 1981.
- Ethel and Julie, Edinburgh Festival, 1982.
- Groucho in Toto, Edinburgh Festival, then Fortune Theatre, London, 1982.
- Also directed Company Come, 1980; The Big Cats, 1984.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS; DIRECTOR
- Groucho at Large, 1979.
- Momma Golda, 1980.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; ALL AS DIRECTOR SERIES
- The Two Ronnies, 1976-82.
- Coronation Street, 1979-81.
- Company Come, 1978.
- Groucho in Toto, 1982.
Credits; PRINCIPAL RADIO WORK; DIRECTOR
- The Element of Doubt, 1975.
- The Trouble with Mother, 1976.
- Luxury Weekend, Company Come, The Colmar Killer, all 1977.
- The Merrion Case, A Case of Rare Vintage, both 1982.
- False Picture, Company Come, both 1983.
- The Big Cats, 1984.
- Rudi's First Case, Parkinson's War, both 1985.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED AND PUBLISHED Company Come, produced in 1980, published bySamuel French, Inc.
- The Big Cats, produced in 1984, published by Samuel French, Inc.
- Chimera, published by Samuel French, Inc.
- Absheid, published in Holland.
Other articles you might like: