Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ueli Steiger to Milt Tarver
Elizabeth Swain Biography (1941-)
Addresses: Home: 203 W. 81st Street, New York, NY, 10025.
- actress, critic, literary manager
- Birth Details
- August 6, 1941
- Peterborough, England
- Maria, School for Scandal, Asolo State Theatre, Sarasota, FL, 1964.
New York Debut
- Alice, Alice Thro' the Looking Glass, Equity Library Theatre,1966.
Principal Stage Appearances
- New York: Epitaph for George Dillon, Witness for the Prosecution, TheCrucible, Tango, Charley's Aunt, 1970, Crown Matrimonial, 1973, Sherlock Holmes, 1975; Regional--Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello, A Midsummer Night's Dream, As You Like It, The Lady's Not for Burning, TheDeer Park, Private Lives, The Great Sebastians, Candida, The Day After the Fair, A Contemporary Theatre, Seattle, WA, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival,American Shaw Festival.
Principal Television Appearances
N.Y.P.D.; The Guiding Light, 1978-83.
- Feydeau's Le Systeme Ribadier, produced at the Sharon Playhouse, CT, Hartman Theatre Company, Stamford, CT, Intiman Theatre, Seattle, WA; reviews, criticisms and interviews with playwrights in Other Stages and Theatre Times.
- Freelance dramaturg, literary manager, New York Theatre Studio, 1982-present; teacher, "Introduction to Theatre," Hunter College, 1981-82; teacher, CCNY, "Theatre History and Acting," 1982-present.
Other articles you might like: