Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Chris Owen to Bernadette Peters
Lester Persky Biography (1927-)
Born July 6, 1927, in New York, NY; son of Louis (in business) and Dora (Linden) Persky. Addresses: OFFICE--c/o Lester Persky Productions, 485 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022.
- Birth Details
- July 6, 1927
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK; PRODUCER
- (With Donald Ginsberg and Lewis M. Allen) Fortune and Men's Eyes, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1971.
- (with Elliott Kastner) Equus, United Artists, 1977.
- (with Joseph Janni) Yanks, Universal, 1979.
- (with Michael Butler) Hair, United Artists, 1979.
- Also producer, Lone Star, 1983; Eye of the Tiger, Scotti Brothers, 1986;and Handcarved Coffins (unreleased).
- As principal in Persky-Bright Organization, has provided financing for numerous films including: The Last Detail, Columbia, 1974; For Pete's Sake, Columbia, 1974; The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Columbia, 1974; California Split, Columbia, 1974; Bite the Bullet, Columbia, 1975; The Killer Elite, Columbia, 1975; Funny Lady, Columbia, 1975; The Wind and the Lion, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1975; The Front, Columbia, 1976; The Missouri Breaks, United Artists, 1976; Bound for Glory, United Artists, 1977; Shampoo, Columbia, 1975;The Man Who Would Be King, Allied Artists, 1976; and Taxi Driver, Columbia,1976.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; MOVIES
- Executive producer, Poor Little Rich Girl, NBC, 1987.
Other articles you might like: