Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Peter McEnery to Gene Milford
Dermot McNamara Biography (1925-)
Born August 24, 1925, in Dublin, Ireland; son of Peter (a clerk) and Anna Christina (a secretary; maiden name, Dowdall) McNamara; children: Annaleese, Peter Cormac. Addresses: HOME--556 Main St., Roosevelt Island, NY 10044.AGENT--Hartig Agency, 114 East 28th St., New York, NY 10016.
Among his skills, Dermot McNamara lists tennis, swimming, equestrian, soccer,and hurling.
- Birth Details
- August 24, 1925
- Dublin, Ireland
- STAGE DEBUT--Phipps, An Ideal Husband, Gate Theatre, Dublin, 1949, for twenty-one performances.
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--Christie, Playboy of the Western World, 1959- 60, forthree hundred six performances.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Pictures in the Hallway, Lincoln Center Theatre.
- Grumio, The Taming of the Shrew, Broadway production.
- Tom, Philadelphia Here I Come, Broadway production.
- Paddy, A Touch of the Poet, Broadway production.
- Drumm, A Life, Broadway production.
- Donnybrook, Broadway production.
- Leopold Bloom, Irish Players, Off-Broadway production.
- The Plough and the Stars, Off-Broadway production.
- The Shadow of a Gunman, Off-Broadway production.
- No Exit, Off-Broadway production.
- Stephen D., Off-Broadway production.
- Pat, The Hostage, Loretto Hilton.
- A Whistle in the Dark, Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT.
- Davies, The Caretaker, Nassau Repertory Theatre, NY.
- Translations, Alaska Repertory Theatre.
- Drumm, DA, and Joxer, Juno and the Paycock, both at Alley Theatre, Houston.
- The Contractor, A Contemporary Theatre, Seattle, WA.
- O'Neill's Sea Plays, Cincinnati Playhouse.
- A Memory of Two Mondays, Cincinnati Playhouse.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Christie Mahon, Playboy of the Western World, U.S. cities.
- Shadow and Substance, U.S. cities.
- Happy as Larry, U.S. cities.
- The Wake, U.S. cities.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Patch Keegan, "Little Moon of Alban," Hallmark Hall ofFame, NBC, 1965.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MOVIES
- A Night to Remember, NBC.
- Captain Matt Corcoran, From Sea to Shining Sea, NBC.
- One Life to Live, ABC.
- All My Children, ABC.
Credits; DRAMATIC SPECIALS
- Joxer, Juno and the Paycock, PBS.
- Sean O'Casey, The Creative Person, PBS.
- The Best of Families, PBS.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Ragtime, Paramount, 1981.
- Scappy Peck, The Year of the Dragon, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists,1985.
Other articles you might like: