Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
John Romano to Waldo Salt
John Gould Rubin Biography (1951-)
Born January 26, 1951, in New York, NY; son of Lester William (an attorney) and Gretel (a psychological counselor; maiden name, Bleich) Rubin; married Julie Smith (an actress), March 12, 1986. Addresses: HOME--51 W. 71st Street, Apartment 4-F, New York, NY 10023. AGENT-- David Leibhart, Don Buchwaldand Associates, 10 E. 44th Street, New York, NY 10017.
- Birth Details
- January 26, 1951
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Abhoroson, Measure for Measure, and Kaka the water seller, The Bundle, both Yale Repertory Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1979.
- Calomarde, Sleep of Reason, Center Stage Theatre, Baltimore, MD, 1983.
- Borgheim, Little Eyolf, Yale Repertory Theatre, 1986.
- Also appeared in Marcha Sin Fin, Gramercy Arts Theatre, New York City, 1974; Haut Gout, Virginia Stage Company, Norfolk, VA, 1986; as Flamineo, The White Devil, Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, CA; Evans, Terra Nova, Santa Fe Festival Theatre, Santa Fe, NM; Ned Weeks, The Normal Heart, Alley Theatre, Houston, TX; Sito, The Catch, Playwrights Horizons, New York City; Odysseus, Philoctetes, and Axel, Playing with Fire, both Open Space Theatre, New York City;Claire, The Maids, Private Theatre, New York City; Steve, Say Goodnight, Gracie, 78th Street Theatre Lab, New York City; Tracer, Rundown, Judson's ChurchTheatre, New York City; Mumbles, Our Father, West Bank Cafe, New York City,then Edinburgh Theatre Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland, later Pentameter's Theatre, London; Geoff, Stops, Women's Interart Theatre, New York City; Lovelace,Clarissa, West End Theatre, New York City; Sawkins, The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists, SoHo Repertory Theatre, New York City; Hummel, The Ghost Sonata, Playwrights Horizons, Westbeth Theatre, New York City; Malvolio, Twelfth Night, State Theatre of South Carolina; Osvald, Ghosts, American Ibsen Theatre;Walpurg, The Madman and the Nun, and Philante, The Misanthrope, both SummerEnsemble Company.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Paul Milner, Three Men and a Baby, Touchstone, 1987.
- Also Lowell Ingalls, Crime and Punishment.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; PILOTS
- Gregors, One Red Square.
- Arnold, Some of My Best Friends, NBC.
- monologue, The Last Thirty Minutes, PBS.
- Webster, ABC.
- As the World Turns, CBS.
- The Guiding Light, CBS.
- Search for Tomorrow, CBS.
- Ryan's Hope, ABC.
- One Life to Live, ABC.
- Bobby Beausoleil, It All Came Down, PBS.
- Jack, Every Kind of Thing, PBS.
- Soldier's Home, PBS.
Other articles you might like: