John Thornton Biography (1944-)
Born May 28, 1944, in Gloucester, England; son of John William (an international sportsman) and Betty Joyce (Langford) Thornton. Addresses: AGENT--Eric Glass Ltd., 28 Berkely Square, London W1X 6HD, England.
John Thornton states: "After seeing The Red Shoes at age three, I wanted to dance. I am an expert horse rider. I have worked in Japan, South America, HongKong, Korea, Monte Carlo, and the United States. I speak French and am interested in conservation."
- Birth Details
- May 28, 1944
- Gloucester, England
- LONDON DEBUT--Dancer, London Palladium, 1968.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Tommy Steele, London Palladium.
- The Danny La Rue Show, The Val Doonican Show, and several Royal Galas, Drury Lane Theatre and National Theatre, London.
- Mungo Jerry, Cats, New London Theatre, for eighteen months, and later fornine months, 1981-82.
- Royal Variety Performance, 1982.
- Jumpers, Aldwych Theatre, London, 1985.
- Maitre'd, Cabaret, Strand Theatre, London, 1986.
- Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- No Trams to Lime Street, British tour.
- Olde Tyme Music Hall, Canadian and U.S. cities.
- Maitre'd, Cabaret, U.K. cities, 1986.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Cinema V, 1975.
- Hammer, The Ghoul, 1975.
- Absolute Beginners, Orion, 1986.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Assistant choreographer, Absolute Beginners, Orion, 1986.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Dancer: Tommy Steele Show; Starburst; Juliet Prowse Show; Marti Caine Show; Shirley Bassey Series; Stanley Baxter Special; Morecambe and Wise Series;Search for a Star Series; Bruce Forsyth Show; The Children's Royal Variety Show, 1982.
- Sir Urre, Morte D'Arthur, BBC, 1983.
- Good Companions, Yorkshire TV.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; CHOREOGRAPHER
- The Russ Abbott Hogmany Madhouse, LWT, 1983.
- Also assistant choreographer for LWT.