Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jack Dabdoub to Anthony John Denison
Ron Daniels Biography (1942-)
Born Ronald George Daniel, October 15, 1942, in Niteroi, Brazil; son of Percyand Nellie Daniel; married Anjula Harman. Addresses: OFFICE--Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire CV32 5XZ, England.
- Birth Details
- October 15, 1942
- Niteroi, Brazil
- LONDON DEBUT--John Grass, Indians, Aldwych Theatre, 1968.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Jimmy Porter, Look Back in Anger, Donal Davoren, Shadow of a Gunman, bothByre Theatre, St. Andrew's, Scotland, U.K., 1964.
- Orlando, As You Like It, Hotspur, Henry IV, Part I, Higgins, Pygmalion, title role, Macbeth, Brutus, Julius Caesar, Orgon, Tartuffe, Malvolio, TwelfthNight, all with the Victoria Theatre Repertory Company, Stoke-on-Trent, U.K., 1965-66.
- Benvolio, Romeo and Juliet, Richmond, U.K., 1967.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Electra, Pot O' Gold, both Victoria Theatre, Stoke-on-Trent, U.K., 1966.
- She Stoops to Conquer, Victoria Theatre, 1967.
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Sweeney Todd, Fighting Man, Hamlet, Major Barbara, The Recruiting Officer, Coriolanus, Drums in the Night, all Victoria Theatre, 1969-71.
- The Samaritan, Victoria Theatre, then Shaw Theatre, London, 1971.
- The Long, the Short and the Tall, Shaw Theatre, 1971.
- Bang, Open Space Theatre, London, 1973.
- The Children's Crusade, National Youth Theatre, London, 1973.
- Female Transport, Half Moon Theatre, London, 1973.
- The Motor Show, Half Moon Theatre, 1974.
- By Common Consent, National Youth Theatre, 1974.
- Afore Night Come, Other Place Theatre, Stratford-on-Avon, U.K., 1974, then Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1975.
- Ashes, Young Vic Theatre, London, 1975.
- Into the Mouth of Crabs, National Theatre, London, 1975.
- Made in Britain, Oxford Playhouse, Oxford, U.K., 1976.
- Bingo, Ivanov, both Yale Repertory Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1976.
- Destiny, Other Place Theatre, 1976.
- Tis Pity She's a Whore, The Lorenzaccio Story, The Sons of Light, all Other Place Theatre, 1977.
- Puntila and His Servant Matti, Yale Repertory Theatre, 1977.
- Man Is Man, Yale Repertory Theatre, 1978.
- The Women Pirates, Ann Bonney and Mary Read, Aldwych Theatre, London, 1978.
- Hyppolytus, Other Place Theatre, 1978.
- Pericles, The Suicide, both Other Place Theatre, 1979.
- Romeo and Juliet, Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis, MN, 1979, then Memorial Theatre, Stratford-on-Avon, U.K., 1980.
- Timon of Athens, Hansel and Gretel, both Other Place Theatre, 1980.
- Also directed Serjeant Musgrave's Dance, Bristol, U.K., 1975.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Marc Antony, Julius Caesar, U.K. cities, 1968.
Other articles you might like: