Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Frances Patricia Beck to Val Bisoglio
Frances Patricia Beck Biography (1937-)
Born in 1937, in Philadelphia, PA; daughter of Lido and Agnes (DiAnnuntis) Speca; married John Beck; children: Alisa, John.
- playwright, psychologist, producer, consultant, director
- Birth Details
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Credits; Television Work
- Director of The Betty Hughes Show and Philadelphia Presents.
Credits; Television Appearances
- Beck has appeared on numerous talk shows, including Merv Griffin,
Johnny Carson, and The Midday Show, and intelevision commercials and television programs, including Days of Our Lives,
Edge of Night,
TV Sound Stage,
Omnibus, and Naked City.
Credits; Stage Work
- Director and producer, Will the Real Zooperman Please Stand Up andSex Is?, Main Line Playhouse, 1981-88, then Garden State Theatre, both New Jersey, 1988.
- Also director of numerous stage productions, including Tough Kids,New York City, 1986; Answers, New York City, 1987; The Glass Menagerie, 1987-88; Guys and Dolls, 1988; Rasputin, New York City, 1988-89. Writer and director, Musical Tough Kids, 1988.
Credits; Stage Appearances
- Beck has appeared in numerous plays for summer stock and community theaters.
Credits; Film Appearances
North by Northwest, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1959.
Splendor in the Grass, Warner Bros., 1961.
- Appeared in La Bonanza. Also director of numerous travelogues andindustrial films.
- Author of plays, including Choose It, 1966; Lara Peers, 1970; Answers Switch Me On, 1971; Will the Real Zooperman Please StandUp, 1972; Sex Is?, 1972; and Dutch Bride, 1978. Author ofpoetry collections, including Fannie, Fannie, 1970, and Your Side, 1977. Author of Gene of Jean, 1972.
Other articles you might like: