Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Patrick Clarke to Charlotte Cornwell
Joel Climenhaga Biography (1922-)
Born April 9, 1922, in Bulawayo, South Rhodesia; son of John Arthur (a preacher) and Emma Light (a missionary; maiden name, Smith) Climenhaga; married ZoeLenore Motter (a writer and weaver), December 21, 1955; children: Neal, Anna, Greta, Miriam. Addresses: OFFICE--Department of Speech, Kansas StateUniversity, Manhattan, KS 66506.
Through material provided by Joel Climenhaga, CTFT learned he has written andpublished 1,116 poems, as well as numerous short stories, essays, and reviews of productions of plays. He has also contributed writings to eighty-six different magazines and journals.
- Birth Details
- April 9, 1922
- Bulawayo, Rhodesia
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Has appeared in fifty-seven stage productions, directed one hundred twenty-nine productions, and produced twenty-two plays in summer repertory and stock theatre.
Credits; PRINCIPAL RADIO WORK
- Producer, One Man's Journey, KKSU, Manhattan, KS.
- Heathen Pioneer, 1956.
- Marriage Wheel, 1963.
- Hawk and Chameleon, 1972.
- Report on the Progress of the Bearded One's Homework, 1985.
- Also plays written for stage, film, and radio.
Other articles you might like: