Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joan Greenwood to James Handy
Fiona Hale Biography (1926-)
Addresses: Office: c/o Actors Equity Association, 165 W. 46th Street Telephone Service--(212) 840-1234, New York, NY, 10036.
"I started my professional career with Miss Eva Le Gallienne. This lovely lady was a wonderful teacher and inspiration. And through acting I have continued to learn about myself and about human nature. I have always been interestedin psychology and human potential. Now Drama Therapy brings it all together.I like swimming and dancing. I speak Spanish and a little French. I studiedMandarin Chinese at UCLA for a year."
- Malvina, The Higher Glory, Pelican, Hollywood, CA, 1942.
New York Debut
- Lady Friend, Walk Hard.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Maria, The Heiress, Biltmore, NY, 1948; Housekeeper, Drinks Before Dinner, Public; Aaronetta, Morning's at Seven, Lyceum, NY;(Off-Broadway) Glenda, The Seduction of Peewee; Mrs. Railton-Bell, Separate Tables; Mrs. Perpetua, The Cantilevered Terrace; (Regional) Mrs. Kirby, You Can't Take It with You, Guthrie, Minneapolis,MN; Mrs. Webb, Our Town, Meadowbrook, MI; Mme. Spritzer, 13 Rue deL'Amour, Alhambra, Jacksonville, FL; Claudine, Lu Ann Hampton Laverty Oberlander, Halie, Buried Child, Mrs. Hudson/Mother Midnight,The Incredible Murder of Cardinal Tosca, Rebecca Nurse, The Crucible, Mrs. Fezziwig/Charwoman, Virginia Stage Company, Norfolk, VA; Mrs. Frayne, The Second Man, Los Angeles.
- Mrs. Fraser, Harriet Craig, 1949.
Principal Film Appearances
- Redhead, Westward the Women, 1950; Eileen Lawrence, InterruptedMelody, 1953; Oma, Resurrection, 1980.
Principal Television Appearances
- Title role, The Woman of Ballybunion; Gunsmoke; Dennis the Menace; Wagon Train; Police Story; Cavalcade of America; Highway Patrol; Playhouse 90; Divorce Court; Day in Court; Black Saddle; Zane Grey Theatre; Fireside Theatre; G.E. Theatre; Family Theatre; Lock Up; Dr. Kildare; Mrs. Cooper, Guiding Light.
Other articles you might like: