Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
Neal Jimenez Biography (1960-)
Full name, Neal Randall Jimenez; born May 22, 1960, in Sacramento, CA; son ofJoseph and Marcille Yvonne (Gass) Jimenez; married Beheroze Shroff, November15, 1986. Career: Screenwriter and director. Freelance journalist, 1980-82. Member: Writers Guild of America, West. Awards, Honors:Focus Award, 1987, Gijon International Film Festival Award, best screenplay,1987, PEN Award, best screenplay, 1988, and Independent Spirit Award, Independent Feature Project, all for River's Edge; Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award, 1992, Audience Award, Sundance Film Festival, and Independent Spirit Awards, best first feature and best screenplay, all for The Waterdance.
Addresses: Agent: Hohman Maybunk Lieb, 9229 West Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069-3402.
- Screenwriter, director
- Birth Details
- May 22, 1960
- Sacramento, California, United States
- (With Michael Steinberg) The Waterdance, Samuel Goldwyn, 1992
- (With Peter Silverman) Where the River Runs Black (adapted from David Kendall's novel Lazaro), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1986
River's Edge, Hemdale/Island, 1986
- (With Marshall Brickman and Lindy Laub) For the Boys, Twentieth Century- Fox, 1991
The Waterdance, Samuel Goldwyn, 1992
The Dark Wind (adapted from a novel by Tony Hillerman), Live HomeVideo, 1993
Sleep with Me, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1994
Hideaway, TriStar, 1995
- (Uncredited) Outbreak, Warner Bros., 1995
Round Rock (based on the novel by Michelle Huneven), 2000
- Contributor to periodicals, including California and L. A. Weekly.
American Film, January 1988, .
Rolling Stone, April 23, 1987, .*
Other articles you might like: