Howard Miles Teichmann Biography (1916-)
Addresses: Agent: Morton Janklow, 598 Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10022.
- playwright, writer, director, producer, educator
- Birth Details
- January 22, 1916
- Chicago, Illinois
- Non-Theatrical Career
- Professor of English, Barnard College, Columbia University.
- First Stage Work
- Assistant state manager, Orson Welles's Mercury Theatre, first production, Danton's Death, 1938; become stage manager and assistant tothe president of the Mercury Threatre.
- Plays Produced/Published
- Co-author with George Kaufman. The Solid Gold Cadillac, 1953; Miss Lonelyhearts, 1957; The Girls in 509, 1959; Julia, Jake andUncle Joe, 1961; A Rainy Day in Newark, 1963; Smart Aleck: Alexander Woollcott at 8:40.
- A Day in the Life of a Chorus Girl; Trio; Showtime U.S.A.; Slezak andSon; Ford 50th Anniversary Show; Gillette Christmas Show; Rosalind Russell's Wonderful World of Entertainment; The Jane Frohman Show; and for Theatre U.S.A.
- Radio Shows
- Orson Welles's Mercury Theatre of the Air; Twelve Crowded Months;Cavalcade of America; Texaco Star Theatre; Campbell Playhouse; Helen Hayes Theatre; Stories America Loves; CBS Workshop; The Nature of the Enemy; Enough and on Time; Tell It to the Marines; They Were Expendable; Newsreel for Thaksgiving; Many a Watchful Night; They Live Forever; We Glory in the Title; Laborfor Victory; Warriors of Peace; 167th Anniversary of the U.S. Marine Corps;Opening Recruitment Drive, U.S.A.F.; Road of Life; Ford Theatre; Gertrude Lawrence's Revlon Revue; Radio Reader's Digest; Theatre USA; Great Scenes from Great Plays.
- George S. Kaufman, An Intimate Portrait; Smart Aleck: The Wit and World of Alexander Woollcott; Alice: The Life and Times of Alice Roosevelt Longworth; Fonda: My Life.