John Gunter Biography (1938-)
Born October 31, 1938, in Billericay, Essex, England; son of Herbert Carl andCharlotte Rose (Reid) Gunter; married Micheline McKnight. Addresses:HOME--25 Hillfield Park, Muswell Hill, London N10, England.
- Birth Details
- October 31, 1938
- Billericay, Essex, England
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Designer, with the Royal Court Theatre, London: Saved, 1965.
- The Knack, 1966.
- The Soldier's Fortune and Marya, both 1967.
- The Double Dealer, The Contractor, and Insideout, all 1969.
- AC/DC and The Philanthropist (also designer for Broadway production), both 1970.
- West of Suez, 1971.
- Entertaining Mr. Sloane, 1975.
- Flying Blind and Inadmissable Evidence, both 1978.
- Also designer, Comedians, Nottingham Playhouse, U.K., 1975.
- With the Royal Shakespeare Company: God Bless and Julius Caesar, both produced in London, 1968; Jingo, 1975; The White Devil, 1976; Stevie and The OldCountry, 1977; Tishoo.
- 1979; Death of a Salesman, National Theatre, London, 1979; Born in the Gardens, National Theatre, 1979; Rose, London production, then Cort Theatre, New York City, 1981; Plenty, London Production, then New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, then transferred to the Plymouth Theatre, New York City,1983; All's Well That Ends Well, Martin Beck Theatre, New York City, 1983; Also has designed extensively in Germany, Vienna and Buenos Aires.