Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Nicholas Selby to Marc Singer
Anthony Shaffer Biography (1926-2001)
Born May 15, 1926, in Liverpool, England; son of Jack and Reka (Fredman) Shaffer; married Carolyn Soley; children: two daughters. Addresses: HOMES--300 Central Park W., Apartment 10-D, New York, NY; Wiltshire, England. AGENT--c/o Fraser and Dunlop Scripts, Ltd., 91 Regent Street, London W1R 8RU, England.
- Birth Details
- May 15, 1926
- Liverpool, England
- Death Details
- November 6, 2001
- London, England
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Creative consultant, Flesh + Blood, 1985.
- The Savage Parade, first produced in London, 1963, revised, 1967.
- Sleuth, St. Martin's Theatre, London, 1970, then Music Box Theatre, New York City, 1970, later Fortune Theatre, London, 1973, published by Dodd Mead,1970, then Calder and Boyars, 1971.
- Murderer, first produced in Brighton, U.K., then Garrick Theatre, London,both 1975, published by Marion Boyars, 1976.
- Whodunnit?, Biltmore Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- Absolution, Enterprise, 1971.
- Cry of the Penguins (also known as Mr. Forbush and the Penguins), BritishLion, 1972.
- Frenzy, Universal, 1972.
- Sleuth, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1972.
- The Wicker Man, British Lion/Warner Brothers, 1973.
- Death on the Nile, Paramount, 1978.
- Evil under the Sun, Universal, 1982.
- Appointment with Death, Cannon, 1988.
- Also Black Comedy, 1970; The Goshawk Squadron, 1973; Masada, 1974; The Moonstone, 1975.
- Pig in the Middle.
- (With Peter Shaffer, under co-pseudonym Peter Anthony) How Doth the Crocodile?, Evans, 1951, then (as Peter and Anthony Shaffer) Macmillan, 1957.
- (with Peter Shaffer, under co-pseudonym Peter Anthony) Woman in the Wardrobe, Evans, 1952.
- (with Peter Shaffer) Withered Murder, Gollancz, 1955, then Macmillan, 1956.
Other articles you might like: