Desmond O'Donovan Biography (1933-)
Born February 2, 1933, in Burbage, England; son of Charles and Mary (Allen) O'Donovan. Addresses: HOME--29 Wandsworth Common, North Side, London SW18, England.
- Birth Details
- February 2, 1933
- Burbage, England
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Director, The Tiger and the Horse, Playhouse Theatre, Salisbury, U.K., 1961.
- FIRST LONDON STAGE WORK--Director, A Cheap Bunch of Nice Flowers, Arts Theatre, 1962.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- The Royal Hunt of the Sun, Chichester Festival, Chichester, U.K., then Old Vic Theatre, London, both 1964.
- Trelawny of the Wells, Chichester Festival, then Old Vic Theatre, both 1965.
- The Clandestine Marriage, Chichester Festival, 1966.
- Hamlet, The Tempest, both St. John's Theatre, London, 1970.
- Also directed Spring Awakening, London, 1963; The Sleepers' Den, Spring Awakening, Easter, all London, 1965; The Knack, Three Men for Colverton, The Lion and the Jewel, all London, 1966; The Duchess of Malfi, New York City, 1966; Chikamatzu Suicides, A View to the Common, both London, 1967.