Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Chris Owen to Bernadette Peters
Don Perkins Biography (1928-)
Born October 23, 1928, in Boston, MA; married Gittel Tischler, October 11, 1958 (divorced, 1964); married Carol Stevenson (an actress and designer), December 31, 1982; children: (first marriage) Christy, Scott May; (second marriage) David. Addresses: HOME--Five Morton Street, New York, NY 10014.
Perkins informed CTFT that he is the only actor on record who has done the Wars of the Roses' trilogy twice all the way through.
- Birth Details
- October 23, 1928
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Lieutenant Miller, Time Limit, stock production.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Prosecutor/priest, Machinal, off Broadway, 1959.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Ed Devery, Born Yesterday, Buckingham, Richard II, Stage Manager, Our Town, Sir George Thunder, Wild Oates, Apemantus, Timon of Athens, all New JerseyShakespeare Festival.
- Touchstone, As You Like It, Tom, The Glass Menagerie, Mansky, The Play'sthe Thing, Go Go, Waiting for Godot, all New Globe.
- George, Of Mice and Men, Studio Arena, Buffalo, NY.
- Nathan Detroit, Guys and Dolls, Goodman, Chicago.
- Harry Hope, The Iceman Cometh, Martinet innkeeper, A Flea in Her Ear, Sgt. Trotter, The Mousetrap, Sir Andrew, Twelfth Night, George, Of Mice and Men,all St. Louis Repertory.
- the writer, The Good Doctor, Westport Playhouse, St. Louis.
- Brassett, Charley's Aunt, Meadowbrook, MI.
- Frank Foster, How the Other Half Loves, Alfieri, A View from the Bridge,both Stage West, Springfield, MA.
- Peter Quince, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Bluntchli, Arms and the Man, Brassett, Charley's Aunt, Feste, Twelfth Night, all Repertory Theatre of New Orleans.
- Antonio, The Tempest, Launce, Two Gentlemen of Verona, both San Diego Shakespeare Festival.
- Lopatkin, The Cherry Orchard, Brutus, Julius Caesar, Horatio, Hamlet, allSeattle Repertory.
- Reverend Hale, The Crucible, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival.
- The Lesson, Wonderhorse, NY.
- Fallen Angels, The Rehearsal, Dubliners, Roundabout, NY.
- The Borstal Boy, Broadway production.
- Crossing the Bar, off Broadway.
- John Adams, 1776, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- John Adams, 1776, National Company, summer package, 1972-73, 1978- 79. The Wake, National Company, 1978.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Best of Families.
- For Richer for Poorer.
Other articles you might like: