Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brigitte Nielsen to Bill Owen
Jack Nitzsche Biography (c. 1937-2000)
Born Bernard Nitzsche, c. 1937, in Michigan.
- Birth Details
- c. 1937
- Michigan, United States
- Death Details
- August 25, 2000
- Hollywood, California
Credits; FILM WORK
- Music director, Village of the Giants, Embassy, 1965.
- music director and orchestrator, When You Comin' Back, Red Ryder?, Columbia, 1979.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK; SPECIALS
- Music director, Rolling Stone: The 10th Anniversary, CBS, 1977.
- The Lonely Surfer, Reprise, 1963.
- (with the London Symphony Orchestra) St. Giles Cripplegate, Reprise, 1972.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (original soundtrack), Fantasy, 1975.
- Blue Collar (original soundtrack), MCA, 1978.
- The Razor's Edge (original soundtrack), Southern Cross, 1984.
- Starman (original soundtrack), Varese/Sarabande, 1984.
- All as composer.
- Village of the Giants, Embassy, 1965.
- Performance, Warner Brothers, 1970.
- Greaser's Palace, Greaser's Palace Ltd., 1972.
- The Exorcist, Warner Brothers, 1973.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, United Artists, 1975.
- (with Richard Hazard) Heroes, Universal, 1977.
- (with Ry Cooder) Blue Collar, Universal, 1978.
- When You Comin' Back, Red Ryder?, Columbia, 1979.
- Hardcore, Columbia, 1979.
- Heart Beat, Warner Brothers, 1979.
- Melvin and Howard, Universal, 1980.
- Cruising, United Artists, 1980.
- Cutter's Way (also known as Cutter and Bone), United Artists, 1981.
- An Officer and a Gentleman, Paramount, 1982.
- Cannery Row, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists (MGM/UA), 1982.
- Personal Best, Warner Brothers, 1982.
- Without a Trace, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1983.
- Breathless, Orion, 1983.
- The Razor's Edge, Columbia, 1984.
- Starman, Columbia, 1984.
- Windy City, Warner Brothers, 1984.
- The Jewel of the Nile, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1985.
- (with Michael Hoenig) 9 1/2 Weeks, MGM/UA, 1986.
- Stand By Me, Columbia, 1986.
- Streets of Gold, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1986.
- (with Buffy Sainte-Marie) Stripper, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1986.
- The Whoopee Boys, Paramount, 1986.
- The Seventh Sign, Tri-Star, 1988.
- Next of Kin, Warner Brothers, 1989.
- Starman, ABC, 1986-87.
- (With Sonny Bono) "Needles and Pins," 1963.
- "The Lonely Surfer," 1963.
- "Gone Dead Train," 1970.
- (with Ry Cooder and Paul Schrader) "Hard Working Man," 1978.
- "No One Knows Better Than You," 1979.
- "I Love Her Too," 1979.
- "We're Old Enough to Know," 1981.
- (with Will Jennings and Buffy Sainte-Marie) "Up Where We Belong," 1982.
- "Hit and Run Lovers," 1984.
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Rock, Harmony Books, 1977.
- Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll, Summit Books, 1983.
Other articles you might like: