Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Henry Winkler to Paul Zaza
Judd Woldin Biography (1925-)
Born May 30, 1925, in Somerville, NJ; son of Jacob (in business) and Gertrude(Balinky) Woldin; married Estelle Pustilnik (an actress, professionally known as Anna Rayne; divorced); children: Donna Ruta, John Jacob, Mark Andrew, Daniel Rakhal. Addresses: HOME--310 Greenwich Street, 39C, New York, NY10013.
Judd Woldin wrote CTFT, "I became involved in theatre accidentally, when DonElliott asked me to write dance music for his jazz musical, The Beast in Me."
- Birth Details
- May 30, 1925
- Somerville, New Jersey, United States
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Dance arranger, The Beast in Me, Plymouth Theatre, NY,1960.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Composer, Raisin, 46th Street Theatre, NY, 1973, for over eight hundred performances.
- composer and librettist, King of Schnorrers, Harold Clurman Theatre, NY,1979.
- composer and librettist, Lorenzo, George Street Playhouse, New Brunswick,NJ, 1982.
Credits; MAJOR TOUR WORK
- Composer, Raisin, national, 1975-76.
- FIRST FILM WORK--Composer, Railway with a Heart of Gold.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Composer, Nobody Ever Died of Old Age.
- composer, Poppycock.
- Raisin, original cast recording.
- PLAYS,PUBLISHED Raisin (musical), Samuel French.
- King of Schnorrers (musical), Samuel French.
Other articles you might like: