Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Johnny Brandon to Ric Burns
Katharine Brisbane Biography (1932-)
Born January 7, 1932, in Singapore; daughter of David William (a civil engineer) and Myra Gladys Brisbane; married Philip Edward Parsons (an academic). Addresses: OFFICE--Currency Press Ltd., 330 Oxford Street, Paddington, 2021, Australia.
- Birth Details
- January 7, 1932
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Critic for West Australian, Perth, Australia, 1959-61, 1962-65.
- Australian, Sydney, Australia, national critic, 1967-74.
- National Times, national theatre writer, 1981-82.
- The Literature of Australia, Penguin, 1976.
- World Drama, Harrap, 1977.
- (also co-editor) New Currents in Australian Writing, Angus & Robertson, 1978.
- Contemporary Australian Drama: Perspectives Since 1955, Currency Press, 1981, revised edition, 1987.
- Contemporary Dramatists, St. James Press, 1977, revised editions, 1982, 1987.
- AUTHOR OF INTRODUCTION,FOR CURRENCY PRESS Three Plays, by Alexander Buzo,1973.
- A Hard God, by Peter Kenna, 1974.
- Brumby Innes, by K.S. Prichard, 1974.
- Bid Me to Love, by K.S. Prichard, 1974.
- How Does Your Garden Grow, by Jim McNeil, 1975.
- The Floating World, by John Romeril, 1975.
- Summer of the Seventeenth Doll, by Ray Lawler, 1978.
- Big Toys, by Patrick White, 1979.
- Furtive Love, by Peter Kenna, 1980.
- Collected Plays, Volume I, by Patrick White, 1985.
- Collected Plays, Volume I, by David Williamson, 1986.
Other articles you might like: