Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Melissa Errico to Colleen Fitzpatrick
Ron Field Biography ((?)-)
Full name, Ronald Field; born in Queens, NY. Addresses: OFFICE--Five W. 19th Street, New York, NY 10011.
- STAGE DEBUT--Lady in the Dark, Alvin Theatre, New York City, 1941.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Seventeen, Broadhurst Theatre, New York City, 1951.
- Kismet, Ziegfeld Theatre, New York City, 1953.
- FIRST BROADWAY STAGE WORK--Choreographer, Anything Goes, Orpheum Theatre,New York City, 1962.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Choreographer, Nowhere To Go But Up, Winter Garden Theatre, New York City, 1962, then Municipal Opera, St. Louis, MO, 1963 and 1964.
- choreographer, Cafe Crown, Martin Beck Theatre, New York City, 1964.
- choreographer, Show Boat, State Theatre, New York City, 1966.
- choreographer, costume designer, Cabaret, Broadhurst Theatre, 1966, thenPalace Theatre, London, 1968.
- choreographer, Zorba, Imperial Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- director, choreographer, Applause, Palace Theatre, New York City, 1969, then Her Majesty's Theatre, London, 1972.
- director, choreographer, On the Town, Imperial Theatre, 1971.
- choreographer, Ashmedai (opera), State Theatre, New York City, 1976.
- director, choreographer, King of Hearts, Minskoff Theatre, New York City,1978.
- director, choreographer, 5-6-7-8 ... Dance!, Radio City Music Hall, New York City, 1983.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Marcel, Pepe, The Boy Friend, U.S. cities, 1955-57.
- Also appeared in Kismet, U.S. cities, 1955. Choreographer, Cabaret, U.S.cities, 1967, then 1969; choreographer, Zorba, U.S. cities, 1969, then 1970;director, choreographer, Applause, U.S. and Canadian cities, 1971, then 1972;director, choreographer, Mack and Mabel, Florida cities, 1976; choreographer, The American Dance Machine, U.S. cities and Tokyo, Japan, 1978-79; production supervisor, Peter Pan, U.S. cities, 1981, then director, choreographer, U.S. cities, 1982-83; director, South Pacific, U.S.
- cities, 1987.
Credits; PRINCIPAL CABARET WORK
- Choreographer of nightclub acts for Liza Minelli, Chita Rivera, Ann- Margret, Carol Lawrence, Gwen Verdon, and Shari Lewis; has also staged shows at the Latin Quarter, New York City, 1962; Casino du Liban, Beirut, Lebanon, 1967; Carillon Hotel, Miami Beach,FL; Casino de Paris, Paris, France.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- As a dancer on more than 300 television shows during the 1950s.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; ALL AS CHOREOGRAPHER SERIES
- Dean Martin Summer Show, NBC, 1967.
- Ed Sullivan Show, CBS, 1967-68.
- Hollywood Palace, ABC.
- Bell Telephone Jubilee, NBC, 1976.
- Pinocchio, NBC, 1976.
- America Salutes Richard Rodgers, CBS, 1977.
- The Sentry Collection Presents Ben Vereen--His Roots, ABC, 1978.
- Rodgers and Hart Revisited, CBS.
- Jerome Kern and the Princess, CBS.
- Also choreographed Angela Lansbury's "Thoroughly Modern Millie" number for the 1968 Academy Awards presentation and dances for Fred Astaire.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Choreographer, New York, New York, United Artists, 1977.
Other articles you might like: