Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
Andrew Johns Biography (1935-)
Born December 12, 1935, in Martinez, CA; son of Henry Eudey (an engineer) andNora Marie (Johnson) Johns; married Evangeline (a writing waitress), June 8,1957; children: Ariana. Addresses: Home--New York, NY. Agent--c/o Gilbert Parker, William Morris Agency, 1325 Sixth Ave., New York, NY 10019.
Andrew Johns earlier told CTFT: "I started writing while understudying and working as assistant stage manager on the Broadway production of David Story'splay Home. Story and Saroyan are the two playwrights I feel closest to. I didnot discover I could write until my thirties were almost over. That was dumb, because I've looked and there isn't a pleasure as pleasant as writing."
- Birth Details
- December 12, 1935
- Martinez, California, United States
Credits; Television Appearances; Movies
- Shylock's secretary, The Merchant of Venice, 1973.
Credits; Television Work; Movies
- Assistant to the art director, Trapped in Silence (also known as Silent Rage), CBS, 1986.
Credits; Television Appearances; Miniseries
- Captain Denny, Pride and Prejudice, 1979.
Credits; Film Appearances
- Billy, Shakedown (also known as Blue Jean Cop), Universal, 1988.
- Fridays, Milwaukee Repertory Company, Milwaukee, WI, then Boarshead Theatre, Lansing, MI, both 1981, later A Contemporary Theatre, Seattle, WA, 1982.
- Pigeons on the Walk, Dallas Theatre Center, Dallas, TX, then Bayou Theatre, Houston, TX, both 1982, later Stage Arts Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- Countertalk, Milwaukee Repertory Company, 1982, then Arkansas Repertory Company, 1983.
- Today's Special, Milwaukee Repertory Company, 1982.
- The Return of Herbert Bracewell, or, Why Am I Always Alone When I'm withYou?, Theatre Three, Dallas, TX, and Arkansas Repertory Company, both 1983, then Chelsea Playhouse, New York City, 1985, later Tacoma Actors Guild, Tacoma, WA, 1986-87, published by Dramatists Play Service (New York City), 1985.
- Sideshows, Arkansas Repertory Company, 1983, then Kenyon Theatre Festival, Kenyon, OH, both 1983.
- Antony and Me, Milwaukee Repertory Company, then Actor's Company of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH, both 1984.
- Fridays, Riverside Shakespeare Company, New York City, 1991, published byDramatists Play Service, 1992.
Other articles you might like: