Hugh Steadman Williams Biography (1935-)
Born June 21, 1935, in London, England; son of Thomas John (a congregationalminister) and Margaret (a teacher; maiden name, Hughes) Williams; maried DellFilmer (a graphic designer), 1965; children: Oliver, Gregory. Addresses: AGENT--Eric Glass Ltd., 28 Berkeley Square, London W1X 6HD, England.
- Birth Details
- June 21, 1935
- London, England
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- artistic director, Westminster Productions, U.K., 1975--.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED AND PUBLISHED (With Alan Thornhill) Book and lyrics, HighDiplomacy, musical, Westminster Theatre, London, 1969.
- lyrics and sketches, GB, musical revue, Westminster Theatre, 1973.
- (with Thornhill) Return Trip, Westminster Theatre, published by Westminster Productions, 1974, German text published by Caux Verlag, 1981.
- Fire, Klein Theatre, Lucerne, Switzerland, 1975, German translation entitled Das Feuer, published by Reiss A.G. Basel, 1976, also published by Westminster Productions, London, 1977.
- Stranger in the House, Westminster Theatre, 1979, German translation entitled Fremder im eigenen Haus, published by Reiss A.G. Basel, 1979.
- Poor Man, Rich Man, play with music, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Scotland,1979, French translation entitled Un Soleil en pleine Nuit, Theatre du Ranelagh, Paris, 1982, published by Editions de Caux, 1982, also published by Westminster Productions, 1983.
- Everywoman, verse play, published by Samuel French, 1981.
- Gavin and the Monster, musical, Westminster Theatre, 1981-82, published by Samuel French, 1982.
- (with Thornhill) Nehemiah Now, pop operetta, published by Radius, 1983.
- Skeletons, Caux Theatre, Switzerland, 1986.
- Writings;RADIO PLAYS
- The Short Sighted Optimist, BBC Radio 4, 1974.
- Diwali Day, BBC Radio 4, 1974, ABC Radio Australia, 1975.
- (With illustrations by Margaret Gray) Gavin and the Monster (children's book), Grosvenor, 1981.