Michael Tolan Biography (1925-)
Addresses: Agent: J. Michael Bloom, 400 Madison Avenue, New York, NY,10017.
- actor, producer
- Birth Details
- November 27, 1925
- Detroit, Michigan
- (radio)--Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Challenge of the Yukon, Detroit, MI, 1945.
- New York Debut
- Senatorial messenger/first sentinel, Coriolanus, Phoenix, 1954.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Dr. Astrov, Uncle Vanya, Rev. Morell, Candida, John Worthing, The Importance of Being Earnest, Oedipus, Oedipus, Actors Company of Detroit, MI, 1947-49; chauffeur, Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?, Belasco, NY, 1955; Mother, A Hatful of Rain, Lyceum, NY, 1955; John Rivers, The Genius and the Goddess, Henry Miller's, NY, 1957; Igor Romanoff, Romanoff and Juliet, Plymouth, NY, 1957; Jerome Black, A Majority of One, Shubert, NY, 1959; Freud, A Far Country, Music Box, NY, Huntington Hartford, Hollywood, CA, Geary, San Francisco, CA, 1961; Rudd Kendall, Old Acquaintance, Royal Poinciana Playhouse, Palm Beach, FL, 1961; Ralph Granger, Banderol, Forrest, Philadelphia, 1962; Lilburn Lewis, Brother to Dragons, St. Clement's, NY, 1965; Nikolai Alexeevich Chulkaturin, The Journey of the Fifth Horse, St. Clement's, NY, 1966; Eli, Eli the Fanatic, Plymouth, NY, 1971.
- Film Debut
- Duke Malloy, The Enforcer, 1951.
- Principal Film Appearances
- Lazarus, The Greatest Story Ever Told, 1964; The Lost Man,1969; John and Mary, 1969; Dr. Ballinger, All That Jazz, 1979.
- Principal Television Appearances
- Eleventh Hour; The Nurses; Dupont Show of the Week; Route 66; US SteelHour; Play of the Week: The Dybbuk, Volpone, Lament for a Bulfighter, Wingless Victory, 1960-61; Dr. Tazinski, The Nurses; Espionage; Ladies'Man; Naked City; Bob Hope Presents; Felony Squad; Wallace Stevens; A Poet's Season; The Bell Telephone Hour; Stage for Protest; Tarzan; Rat Patrol; The Invaders; Mannix; The FBI; Mission; Impossible; Journey to the Unknown; DanAugust; Owen Marshall; Nichols; Medical Center; Cannon; Ghost Story; Loose Change; The Best of Families; Valley Forge; Mary Tyler Moore Show; The Senator; The Adams Chronicles; The Mountbatten Story; Robert Lowell Biography; Dancein America.
- Produced: Plays
- The Old Glory, St. Clement's Church, 1964, Theater de Lys, NY,1965; The Outside Man, St. Clement's, NY, 1964; Lower Than Angels, St. Clement's, NY, 1965; Juana La Loca, St. Clement's, NY, 1965. Film--Five On the Black Hand Side; Four Friends.
- Produced And Associate Directed: Plays
- A Step Away from War, 1965, Jonah, 1966, Who's Got His Own, 1966, Mercy Street, 1969, Five on the Black Hand Side, 1970, Two Times One, 1970, The Pig Pen, 1970, Sunday Dinner, 1970, St. Clement's, NY; The Carpenters, 1970, Pinkville, 1971, Bog Bay Beast Bait, 1971, American Place, NY.