Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
Shashi Kapoor Biography (1938-)
Born March 18, 1938, in Calcutta, India; son of Prithviraj Kapoor (an actor and theatre company manager); married Jennifer Kendal (an actress; died, 1985); children: Kunal and Karan (sons), Sanjana (a daughter).
- Birth Details
- March 18, 1938
- Calcutta, India
- FILM DEBUT--Aag, 1950.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Prem Sagar, The Householder (also known as Gharbar), Royal, 1963.
- Sanju, Shakespeare Wallah, Continental Distributing, 1966.
- Amaz, A Matter of Innocence (also known as Pretty Polly), Universal, 1968.
- Vikram, Bombay Talkie, Merchant-Ivory, 1970.
- title role, Siddhartha, Columbia, 1972.
- Javed Khan, Junoon (also known Obsession), Film-Valas/Glanard Wood, 1978.
- the Nawab, Heat and Dust, Curzon/Universal, 1983.
- Samsthanaka, Utsav (also known as Festival), Film Valas, 1984.
- Rafi Rahman, Sammy and Rosie Get Laid, Cinecom, 1987.
- Chandra Singh, The Deceivers, Cinecom International, 1988.
- Also appeared in Char Diwari, 1960; Kalyug, 1980; Vijeta (also known as Conquest), Film Valas, 1983; New Delhi Times, PK Communication Private, 1987;Anjaam, 1987; and in more than two hundred films in India.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK; PRODUCER
- Junoon, Film-Valas/Glanard Wood, 1978.
- Vijeta, Film Valas, 1983.
- (with Dharampriya Das) Utsav, Film Valas, 1984.
- Also producer (with Dharampriya Das), 36 Chowringee Lane.
Other articles you might like: