Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Klaus Badelt to Christophe Beck
Randy Barcelo Biography (1946-)
Born September 19, 1946, in Havana, Cuba; son of Ramon (an architect) and Ondina (an architect; maiden name, Lopez) Barcelo. Addresses: OFFICE--200W. 90th Street, Studio 14B, New York, NY 10024.
- Birth Details
- September 19, 1946
- PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; COSTUME DESIGNER,BROADWAY PRODUCTIONS Ain't Misbehavin'.
- The Magic Show.
- Jesus Christ Superstar.
- The Leaf People.
- Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- A Broadway Musical.
- The Night That Made America Famous.
- OFF-BROADWAY PRODUCTIONS Costume designer, Lady Day, Chelsea Theatre Center.
- set and costume designer, Blood Wedding and Rice and Beans,INTAR Theatre.
- costume designer, The Tempest, Caligula, and The Moondreamers, all at LaMama ETC (Experimental Theatre Club).
- costume designer, A Midsummer Night's Dream, New York Shakespeare Festival, Delacorte Theatre.
- set designer, "Philip Morris Superband Series," Beacon Theatre and European tour.
- set and costume designer, Mayor, Village Gate Theatre.
- Costume designer, Mass, Kennedy Center, Washington, DC.
- set and costume designer, L'Histoire du Soldat, Carnegie Hall, New York City.
- costume designer, Les Troyen, Vienna State Opera.
- costume designer, Salome and Lily, both New York City Opera.
- Costume designer, Fuenteovejuna and The Street Dancer, Ballet Hispanico;designed sets and costumes for Mondrian, Predicaments for Five, and Lovers, for Jennifer Muller and the Works, and for The Mooche, Crosswords, Spells, andFor Bird with Love, for the Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; COSTUME DESIGNER
- Ailey Celebrates Ellington, CBS, 1975.
- Ain't Misbehavin', NBC, 1982.
- Duke Ellington, the Music Lives On, PBS, 1983.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Set and costume design of theatre sequence, Fat Chance.
- costume design of dance sequence, Secret Life of Plants.
- costume design, The Cop and the Anthem.
- art director and costume designer for The Two Worlds of Angelita, Welcometo Miami, Cubanos, and Tainted.
Other articles you might like: