Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gary Kasper to Florence Klotz
Tom Kempinski Biography (1938-)
Born March 24, 1938, in London, England; married. Addresses: Agent--c/o Alan Brodie, International Creative Management, 8942 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90211.
- Birth Details
- March 24, 1938
- London, England
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Ted, These Are the Damned, Columbia, 1965.
- Sailor, Othello, Warner Brothers, 1965.
- Shop assistant, Cop-Out, Cinerama, 1967.
- The Whisperers, United Artists/Lopert, 1967.
- Victim, The Committee, Planet, 1968.
- Vince Hobart, Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1968.
- Stedman Green, Doctor in Trouble, Rank, 1970.
- Designer, Praise Marx and Pass the Ammunition, Mithras, 1970.
- Schmidt, The McKenzie Break, United Artists, 1970.
- Second officer, Moon Zero Two, Warner Brothers, 1970.
- Brunzy, The Reckoning, Columbia, 1971.
- Psychiatrist, Gumshoe, Columbia, 1972.
- Narrator of Wot! No Art, 1978.
- The Peasants Revolt, produced in Essex, England, 1971.
- The English Civil War, produced in London, 1972.
- Moscow Trials, produced in London, 1972.
- Pageant of Labour History (four plays), produced in London, 1973.
- (With Roger Smith) The Ballad of Robin Hood, produced in London, 1973.
- (With Smith) Sell-Out, produced in London, 1974.
- (Under pseudonym Gerrard Thomas) Flashpoint, produced in London, 1978, produced at Young Vic Studio, London, 1984.
- What about Borneo?, produced in London, 1978.
- Japanese Noh Plays (for children), produced in Leicester, England, 1979.
- Mayakovsky (adapted from a work by Stefan Schuetz), produced in London, 1979.
- (Translator) Jean-Claude Grumberg, The Workshop, produced at Oxford Playhouse, 1980, produced at Hampstead Theatre, London, 1981, produced as The Workroom, New Haven, CT, 1982.
- Duet for One (also see below), produced in London, 1980, produced on Broadway at the Royale Theatre, New York City, 1981, toured several countries.
- Dreyfus... (adapted from a play by Grumberg), produced at Hampstead Theatre, London, 1981.
- The Beautiful Part of Myself, produced in Watford, Hertfordshire, England, 1983.
- (With Smith) Life of Karl Marx, produced in London, 1984.
- Self-Inflicted Wounds, produced in Mold, Clwyd, Wales, 1985.
- Separation, produced at Hampstead Theatre, London, 1987, produced at theGeorge Street Playhouse, New Brunswick, NJ, 1992.
- (Translator) Grumberg, A Free Country, produced at Tricycle Theatre, London, 1991.
- Sex Please, We're Italian, produced at Young Vic, London, 1991.
- When the Past Is Still to Come, produced in London, 1992.
- Also author of October (with Smith), 1973.
- (With Jeremy Lipp and Andrei Konchalovsky) Duet for One (based on Kempinski's play of the same title), Cannon, 1986.
- (With Roger Smith) Sell-Out, produced in London, 1974.
- Adaptations: Separation was adapted as a television special and broadcaston PBS, 1990.
Other articles you might like: