Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joe Viterelli to Orson Welles
Luoyong Wang Biography (1958-)
Born December 24, 1958, in Louyang, Henan, People's Republic of China; came to the United States, 1987; son of Zhao Quan Wang and Cheng Pu Qing; married Ning Ding, May 12, 1991. Addresses: Office: c/o Department of Theatre and Dance, University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201.
- Birth Details
- December 24, 1958
- Louyang, Henan, China
- Title role, Hamlet, Shanghai Drama Institute, Shanghai, People's Republic of China, 1984, Paris, 1985
- Song Liling, M. Butterfly, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, 1990, Seattle Repertory Company, Seattle, WA, 1991
- Engineer, Miss Saigon, Broadway Theatre, New York City, 1991-2001
- (As Luo Yong Wang) Father's youth, The Woman Warrior, Center Theatre Group, Ahmanson/Doolittle Theatres, Los Angeles, 1994-1995
- He Jianshing, Concerto of Life, 1998
- Also appeared as title role, The King and I, Boston Wheelock Theatre; as Lucky, Waiting for Godot; and in Mo Dock Bridge, Milwaukee Chamber Theatre.
- Engineer, Miss Saigon, U.S. cities, 1992-1993
- Yip man, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, Universal, 1992
- Gem dealer, Daylight, Universal, 1996
- Narrator, Tian yu (also known as Xiu Xiu: The Sent-Down Girl and Xiu Xiu he ta de nan ren), Stratosphere Entertainment, 1998
- He Jiansheng, Shengming ru ge (also known as Concerto of Life), 2000
- Chinese sports announcer, Rollerball, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 2002
- Victor Huang, Avatar, Cinemancer, 2002
- Also appeared in Hamlet and Lin Zexu, both Shanghai Film Studio.
- Chou Pei, Vanishing Son III, syndicated, 1993
- Chou Pei, Vanishing Son IV, syndicated, 1994
- Chu, The $treet, Fox, 2000
- Luke Tan, "Alone in a Crowd," Third Watch, NBC, 2000
- Appeared in From the New World, CCTV (People's Republic of China).
Other articles you might like: