Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Willie Aames to Steven Anderson
Maria Aitken Biography (1945-)
Born September 12, 1945, in Dublin, Ireland; daughter of Sir William (a member of Parliament) and Penelope (Maffey) Aitken; married Richard Durden (divorced); married Nigel Davenport. Addresses: Agent--Leading Artists, 60 St. James Street, London SW1, England.
- Birth Details
- September 12, 1945
- Dublin, Ireland
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- Prostitute, A Streetcar Named Desire, Belgrade Theatre, Coventry, England, 1967.
- (London debut) Clara, Ellen, Hampstead Theatre Club, London, 1971.
- Mrs. Honeydew, The High Bid, Arts Theatre, Cambridge, 1971.
- Gwendolyn, Travesties, Aldwych Theatre, London, 1974.
- Countess Malcolm, A Little Night Music, Adelphi Theatre, London, 1975.
- Elvira, Blithe Spirit, National Theatre Company, Lyttelton Theatre, London, 1976.
- Susannah, Bedroom Farce, Lyttelton Theatre, 1977.
- Lady, The Man of Destiny, Open Air Theatre, Regent's Park, London, 1978.
- Rosalind, As You Like It, Bristol Old Vic Theatre, London, 1978.
- Millament, The Way of the World, Northcott Theatre, Exeter, 1979.
- Judith, Hay Fever, Albery Theatre, London, 1993.
- Stage debut with the Oxford University Dramatic Society, Cambridge, England, 1963; appeared in repertory at Northampton Theatre and Theatre Royal, England, 1970-71.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Viola, Twelfth Night, Far Eastern cities, 1972.
- Hermione, The Winter's Tale, Far Eastern cities, 1972.
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Lady Bothwell, Mary Queen of Scots, Universal, 1971.
- Honorable Maura Hardcastle, Half Moon Street (also known as Escort Girl),Twentieth Century-Fox, 1986.
- Wendy Leach, A Fish Called Wanda, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1988.
- Also appeared in Some Girls Do (film debut), 1969; and as Lady Amelia, The Fool, 1990.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Has appeared in The Regiment, Company & Co., and Quiet As a Nun (special), 1982.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK; PRODUCER OF SPECIALS
- Michael Caine on Acting in Film, Arts and Entertainment, 1991.
- Jonathan Miller on Acting in Opera, Arts and Entertainment, 1992.
- Brian Cox on Acting in Tragedy, Arts and Entertainment, 1992.
Other articles you might like: