Russell Treyz Biography (1940-)
Addresses: Home: 107 Bedford Street, New York, NY, 10014.
- director, writer
- First Stage Work, Directed
- Light up the Sky, Stage West, Springfield, MA, 1970.
- New York Debut
- Whitsuntide, Martinique, 1972.
- Principal Stage Work, Directed
- Private Lives, Woodstock Playhouse; Look Back in Anger, Theatre by the Sea, Portsmouth, NH; Man with a Load of Mischief, Royal Poinciana Playhouse, FL; The Student Prince, Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera; The Music Man, P.C.P.A., CA; The Importance of Being Earnest, McCarter, Princeton, NJ; Play It Again Sam, Ivoryton Playhouse; Babes in Arms, Goodspeed Opera House, East Haddam, CT; Mame, Alliance Theatre, Atlanta, GA; Something's Afoot, Alaska Repertory Theatre; Comedy of Errors, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Tartuffe, Alabama Shakespeare Festival; Mass Appeal, Actors Theatre of Louisville, KY; Follies, In White America, Oklahoma, Equity Library Theatre, NY; The Refrigerators, La Mama ETC, NY; Here Be Dragons/A Knack with Horses, Theatre at St. Clement's; The Girls Most Likely to Succeed, Bloodsport,The Case Against Robert Guardino, Playwrights Horizons, NY; The Yearof the Dragon, American Place, NY; Cottonpatch Gospel, Lambs, NY.
- Major Tours
- Cottonpatch Gospel.
- The year of The Dragon; Cottonpatch Gospel.
- Theatre-Related Career
- Head of Drama Department, Interlochen Arts Academy, Traverse City, MI, 1965-66; artistic director, Ashtabula Playhouse, OH, 1966-68; artistic director, resident director, Theatre by the Sea, Portsmouth, NH, 1975-79.
- Book of Musical
- Cotton Patch Gospel, with Tom Key and Harry Chapin.